PDA

View Full Version : opening day stands???

bigcountry
07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
just wondering with opening day only being 58 days 6 hrs and 56 minutes from right this sec....if you guys have your opening day stand picked out already or maybe just gonna go with the flow on it...i personally have got mine already set in mind...bout 30 yards inside a bean field with the swamp 60 yards to the back left of me...lots of sign and really seems promising to me

mrbb
07-31-2012, 10:37 PM
well its pretty simple for me, opening day hunt depends on food source, my fall plots will be going in in 2 weeks, and if they take , will be over them,
if they don't take, things will be based on weather! but no set stands, I hunt food! what ever prime is at that time!

mneal
08-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I have had my trail cameras up for 10 days.. pulling the sd cards tonight to try and see what the new rack looks like on my 6year old split brow that I watched all of last season. My last picture of him was on January 12th toward the end of last years season. I am hopeful he is still alive and living in the same pine thicket. If I get him on film... I will be in one of the stands near the pine thicket playing the wind. I will post some pics if I get any tonight. Here is one from last year...

bigcountry
08-01-2012, 03:13 PM
wow gorgeous buck mneal...hope he comes back so you can have him on the wall...and mrbb what kind of fall plots are ya planting...just curious trying to figure out out what plots to plan out and what time of year

RackCityOutdoors
08-01-2012, 11:58 PM
over this Invite extreme RackXploder food plot !!! ..have to get 3 does off this property and alot of doe pictures on this plot ..this is at the front of the property and low impact area ....if not here the pond .....so im going for the long bow camera kill...this is a 25 yard shot at max ....im excited and ready to go shooting great groups at 20 Yards so hoping to get lucky!!!

mneal
08-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Got this years pictures of him from trail camera last night. 8669

no trespassing
08-05-2012, 04:06 PM
if I were to hunt opening day this year it would be over water since there has been a lack of it. My opening day usually isn''t until Oct 20ish.

hortontoter
08-05-2012, 05:17 PM
My butt will be in the same barstool it has been in the last eight years on opening day. That bar stool sits inside my Porta-Jon stand.

Stonegod
08-05-2012, 06:19 PM
My butt we bill in the same barstool it has been in the last eight years on opening day. That bar stool sits inside my Porta-Jon stand.

"we bill"???......I think it's spelled "will be".......now were even for that PT site post you made!!!LOL

blackbeard
08-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Not decided yet, but most likely around acorns. Need to get to work in the next two months.