PDA

View Full Version : New guy from SW Ohio. Just bought a Hoyt Vector 32 2012

Dustinb80
07-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Hello all, My name is Dustin and I am new to this forum. Tomorrow I am buying my first brand new bow. I have bought used bows, but this will be my first Out Of The Box new bow. Im getting the Hoyt Vector 32. Im very excited about it. Like the title says, I am in the southwest part of Ohio. 30 minutes north of Cincinnati. As of now I have no private property to hunt on, but I am hoping to change that in the next few years. A little bit about me, I served 8 years in the US Army. I deployed 2x to Iraq and was lucky enough to survive an IED. This coming year will be my 2nd year bow hunting. I struck out swinging my first year, but I plan on having a nice mount or at least some meat in the freezer by the end of this season. Drop me a line if you want to say hello. Thanks.

Dustin

ghunter
07-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome Dustin Thank you for your service. Im sure you will love that bow. I look forward to hearing about how you lay the big one down this year. Good luck.

Gary.

Dustinb80
08-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks Gary.

Buckstrike138
08-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Hey Dustin, at least you went down swinging! I thank you for your service. I too am looking for private land to hunt. Good luck to you.
Welcome to the forum. You will meet some great people here.

elklover
08-03-2012, 01:57 AM
So how was your experience in the Army, Dustin.

Dustinb80
08-03-2012, 08:10 AM
It was an experience. LOL. Loved it, hated it. If I was able to run, I would still be in. But I got out. I miss the brotherhood, I miss my gun truck crew but I dont miss the bullshit.