PDA

View Full Version : Same Buck...Or His Brother?

hortontoter
07-31-2012, 08:24 AM
What do you guys think. Same buck or brothers. Very similar, but I think two different bucks. Brow tines appear to be shorter and further apart. Rest of both racks look very similar.

mrbb
07-31-2012, 11:06 AM
well hard to say cause of the angle its in on the second pic

but either way its one or two great bucks, good luck

and twins happen

se it at my place all the time, even some times there being 3 or 4 al;most identical racks, had I not seen them at once in front of me I would have sworn they were same deer!

ibppmd
07-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Tough to tell, but great buck or bucks either way. Wish I had one like that on my camera!

hortontoter
07-31-2012, 07:21 PM
I agree Stan, tough to call. Hopefully I get better photos of both or catch them together.

mrbb
07-31-2012, 10:38 PM
well I hope you get the pic's

But hate to say it if they both show up in front of you at the same time, it will be a confusing decision I think!!,
but not a bad spot to be in , best of luck!

hortontoter
07-31-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm sure I would take the buck in the first photo. He is the one I wanted to get a crack at last season. When I said catching then together I meant on the trail camera. Seeing the pair together on stand would be awesome though.

mrbb
08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
well best of luck on both things !

dave
08-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Ikinda think it is the same buck, it hard to say for sure, but the size of the tines and brow tins look so simlar, But Like you said it could be his brother. It is a nice buck thow.

Stonegod
08-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Not even close Dick, these are two different bucks. Top buck seems to have a chunk out of his left ear and the brow shape, width(spacing), length ect. aren't even close. These must be the ones you were talking about when we chatted....now you have two nice bucks that will have vanished shortly after the season opens, as they seem to do every year on your property..........get'em early or I fear you won't see them again by mid fall!! Good luck buddy!!!http://img.tapatalk.com/a6895829-66b2-e0ed.jpg

hortontoter
08-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I think you are right. I know the top buck is Splitter from the split right brow and the split left ear. Actually both ears are now split in nearly the same place. He must have a fence to cross somewhere that tears his ears. The second bucks rack is nearly the same size and shape. I'd say they are from the same gene pool.

They are the two we talked about. You are right they will probably disappear early on. I have a hunch between myself, my dad and my stepson one of them will be down by Halloween.

mrbb
08-05-2012, 02:08 PM
HEY, MAYbe he tears his ears getting out of the pen someone hides him in come fall LOL
only in the fall they have a better lock on it!
just kidding
when you blow the pic';s up, you can see the racks are different
so looks like you got twice the chances now on one of them!

hortontoter
08-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Stan, you may have solved the mystery of the disappearing bucks. I'm headed to the yellow pages to find a good locksmith.

mrbb
08-05-2012, 07:20 PM
HA HA HA

some bucks do seem to get traped someplace in hunting season, then show up after it over
always makes you wonder!!