PDA

View Full Version : N.e. corner of Ohio question ???

golden eagle bows
07-28-2012, 12:19 PM
I live in the Northeast corner of Ohio in Lake County right along the lake shore and was wondering what you guys think would be a great winter food plot would be? Im planning to get it in here in the next week or so. So any help would be great. Thanks

golden eagle bows
08-19-2012, 02:57 PM
No buddy has any input on food plots. We average a good amount of snow fall during the winter months.... Any help would be great....... Thanks

taylor6400
08-20-2012, 12:11 PM
How big of a plot are you planning? I am putting a mix of oats, rye, and peas here in the next week or so. The oats will frost out but will be a good draw early with the peas and then the rye will stay green all winter. You dont have many options at this point. A brassica mixture is a good winter source, but you had better get it in pretty quick. They require 90 days before the first frost, and your pretty far north. I got my brassica plot in on 8/6 and i plan to do the grain mixture over labor day weekend. You could split it and do both like i did.

MatthewUSMC8791
08-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Id look into beets or turnips. Come the first snow they will be digging them up.