PDA

View Full Version : peep sight

buckeye96
07-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Which style of peep sight do you prefer, wheel style or tube attached, and why?

patmc81
07-23-2012, 05:10 PM
No tube. Don't like things hanging off to possibly get ripped off walking to stand. Plus I put a magnifier on my sight and needed a peep that you can put a clairifier in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Big_Holla
07-23-2012, 09:09 PM
G5 Meta Peep is what I have. Just a round hole in the string to look through so to speak. With the newer no-stretch strings out there you cannot go wrong with that set-up. Hated the tubing as that was the only real way years ago. The crap would dry rot and usually before season or during that's when you end up replacing it. Always at the wrong time and something you have to worry about.

Seeker Bp
07-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Mike F set me up with a No Tube peep, and I love it..... That tubing is a pain in the butt! Always got caught in the brush, and always dryrotting and busting.....Not any more...

irishhacker
07-24-2012, 07:41 AM
I was using a G5 metapeep,, but I switched last year.
I now use a Stringsplitter micro.
http://www.sternerduttera.com/store/string_splitter_peep_sights.asp

I had it installed upside down.. (got that idea from Jay Gregory)
I love this peep..
It lets more light in and lines up with the bottom half of my sight perfectly..

Tubes are horrible..

Once you try a stringsplitter,, you will never go back to the old round designs.. I promise..

Buckstrike138
07-24-2012, 07:41 AM
I am currently using a sight with a tube. I have never given much consideration to it. I am glad to read others opinions and will be inspecting mine tonight.

holywho
07-24-2012, 02:45 PM
I use a Hind Sighter you can have your peep sights.

ohiowhitetails
07-24-2012, 06:52 PM
I use a rubber style peep. I tried one without it and i hated having to move it with my nose sometimes to see. I carry extra tubing in my bag in case it breaks in the field. It hasnt yet, knock on wood! I always put a new one on after shooting 3d all summer.

nomad_archer
07-25-2012, 09:25 AM
I use a super ball peep. It comes with different sized appetures so I was able to find the one that fits just right and lines up with the sight ring. Since I started using that peep I will not go go to anything different.

bigcountry
07-25-2012, 05:32 PM
well i used the tubed peep my first year, but after that first year i switched to g5....the tubing got all weatherized and just broke..went to the shop and he hooked me up with a smaller g5 peep..been using em ever since...but its all up to what you like..id say shoot a regular peep then shoot with your tubed peep...see what you like the most

ohiowhitetails
07-25-2012, 08:17 PM
I may give the G5 peep a try on my new bow this year.... Going to tie one in this weekend and see if i like it

buckeye96
08-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Well the tubing on my peep broke last night after only one month with my new bow. Granted I have probably done six months worth of shooting during that time frame, but I am switching to a wheel style peep this weekend.

Griz
09-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I use a wheel type peep. works good except in low light I have a tough time seeing. It,s my age. Has anyone tried the string splitter peep?

Z7Mcclain92
01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
I use a Fletcher Tru-Peep Aluminum 3/16"