PDA

View Full Version : New Bow Hunter to Muskingum County

dshoop3
07-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Hi everyone, Im a bow hunter from Chambersburg, PA. I will be attending Muskingum University in Ohio this fall, which is located in a small town called New Concord. I was pleased to hear that Muskingum County is one of the best counties to hunt deer in Ohio. I was wondering if any one knew of any good areas to hunt that is relatively close to my campus?

Big_Holla
07-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Great to have you join the forum!! BowhuntingOhio is about as good as it gets!!

OHBooner
07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
I was a Muskie. It's great area. Just go knock on doors, someone will give you permission. And even if not, you're not far from good public ground.

mneal
08-01-2012, 02:07 PM
You might consider the Tri-valley Wildlife area in Muskingum County... probably only about 30 minutes from New Concord. The for-profit leasing has really picked up in Muskingum County the past few years.. so it is becoming difficult to find private hunting land without paying for it. The best solution... a local farm gal at the college who's family owns some prime whitetail acreage nearby. You might just have access to a nice deer population and a home cooked meal. Welcome to Muskingum County!