PDA

View Full Version : One Year Later

hortontoter
07-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Just for comparison. Splitter in mid July 2011 and 2012.

ghunter
07-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Man that is a difference. He's going to be awesome this I hope you get him in your sights.

Big_Holla
07-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Amazing looking buck Hortontoter!! You ever get any daytime pics of him??

ohiowhitetails
07-21-2012, 12:08 PM
A year as been good to him. Hope you get a crack at him this fall.

hortontoter
07-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Amazing looking buck Hortontoter!! You ever get any daytime pics of him??

I have had quite a few of him last summer during daylight. Most were early morning hours. I noticed on the card I pulled yesterday that he has been showing up in the evening between 8 and 9 o'clock the last couple of weeks. At had photos of him in this location 3 times in two weeks. Not as often as I would hope, but at least somewhat regularly. Each visit he approached from the north which gives me a good idea of where his daytime bedding area is. If, a big if, he stays on this routine it will help come September. I approach the stand near my camera location from the east so bumping him will not be an issue.

Seems as though he has lost quite a bit of inside spread for some reason. But tine length looks better and he has put on a little more mass. You can't see it in the photo I posted, but his G2 on the left side appears as though it will be split by the time he is hard horned.

Just knowing that he is around will make the next two months long ones.

I also had two other decent bucks a ten point and an eight point on this series of photos. Both may develop into interesting bucks by fall. The Trophy Rock definately pulls the bucks at my place.

hortontoter
07-21-2012, 04:55 PM
The does like the Trophy Rock too.

Curran
07-26-2012, 11:04 AM
He's really looking good in the trail cam pics, but I really wanna see a picture of you sitting behind Splitter!! Good luck buddy!!

forestman
07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
You guys sure have some nice ones out their.