PDA

View Full Version : newbie hunter in NE Ohio!

maygin
07-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Hey everyone! My name's Megan and I'm new here. I'm 21 and I've been hunting for about three years. I was using my friends crossbow until I could afford a piece of equipment of my own. This past spring, I bought my first bow, a Hoyt Avenger, from Kames. A month or two later, my friend and I had it out and are no longer part of one another's lives. As everyone knows, it's 100% impossible to learn everything about bow hunting in three years, especially when I JUST bought my own compound when I've been shooting a crossbow the whole time.

So that's why I'm here! I'm trying this all on my own and I have no one around me to even understand the terminology, let alone have their own bow to shoot.

I'm still a little naive about everything, but i'm hoping this site will help me get a little more savvy! :)

:001_005:

edward7399
07-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Welcome to bowhunting Megan. It's an amazing thing to take an animal with a bow, challenging too. But worth it. I'm a solo hunter too. But nothing beats just being out there. Do u have a place to practice?

maygin
07-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Welcome to bowhunting Megan. It's an amazing thing to take an animal with a bow, challenging too. But worth it. I'm a solo hunter too. But nothing beats just being out there. Do u have a place to practice?

when i first got my bow, i was shooting in the field behind my house. i ended up losing quite a few arrows because i was so inexperienced and couldnt hit the target half of the time haha. i'm better now lol thank god, but i'm looking to go up to berlin lake (if you are familiar) because i hear they have an outdoor range.

hortontoter
07-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Welcome Megan. There is a range at Berlin on Fewtown Road. Not sure what the range is like. Fewtown Road is about one mile south of SR 224 on SR 225. Fewtown Road only runs east off of SR 225. The archery range is near the first parking lot you come to.

Seeker Bp
07-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Hello Megan, and welcome to BHO. Many good people on here. Dont be afraid to ask! Seeker

Whitetail Freak
07-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Welcome Megan welcome to the site lotta good info hear n ppl are willing to share n help good luck on ur upcoming season ill be deep in the killbuck swamps come opening day bow season keep us posted pls kill a big un

maygin
07-22-2012, 11:33 PM
thank you everyone. i ended up checking out the archery range out at Berlin Lake on Fewtown and I had a BLAST! :) I did way better than i anticipated, my best groupings being at 30 yards surprisingly.

elklover
07-23-2012, 05:59 AM
Nice to see you here Megan.

Big_Holla
07-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Glad to have you join us!!

Mightymet
07-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Where in NE Ohio are you. There are a few nice places to shoot up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckeye96
07-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the site, I am new here too. There is an archery range at Tinker Creek State Park (Streetsboro-Aroura area) as well, but I have never visited. I fortunatly have enough space to shoot at my house.

mrbb
07-24-2012, 10:00 PM
well welcome to the site, and good luck this yr hunting

its a great sport, and lots of good folks here to help answer most questions if you have any

go slow and enjoy!