View Full Version : Hi guys

buckeye96
07-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Username: buckeye96
County: Summit
Years Bowhunting: 10
Public or Private Land: Private
Own Land (Y/N): Y
Type of bow: Golden Eagle Predator & McPherson M1 ( I know time for and up grade)
Other Bow Accessories:
3D Shooter (Y/N): N
If yes, name of club:
Gunhunter (Y/N): Y
Predator Hunter (Y/N): N
Turkey Hunter (Y/N): Y
How You Found BO.com: Another Member
Other Information You Wish To Share:
Any Information You Need: I am on a budget, any recomendations for a decent bow that wont break the bank?

Buckstrike138
07-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Bear Archery has a nice line of affordable ready to hunt packages. The new Legion bow is a real nice bow. You will pay around $499 for a ready to hunt package. Check them out.

Big_Holla
07-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forum!! Best thing you can do is head to a bow shop or two and try several bows in the price range you are looking at. There are all kinds of bows to choose from and just because the price is much lower than some high priced name brand bows doesn't mean you are getting less. Shoot as many as you can so you can so you can make the decision based on what feels best to you. Years ago I bought a bow simply because a neighbor down the road said that was THE bow to get. Hated it from the moment I got it home and was one of the first bows I couldn't wait to get rid of. Just didn't feel right to me but I bought it because it was THE best....LOL!

Big_Holla
07-18-2012, 08:37 AM
One thing to mention too, many bow manufacturers have subsidiary companies under them and the quality often is just the same. Diamond bows are a subsidiary of Bowtech..........Mission bows are a subsidiary of Mathews......etc.. Like Buckstrike said, Bear bows are real good quality bows at lower prices, so are Parker, Darton, Pearson and a few more.

Buckstrike138
07-18-2012, 02:27 PM
EBAY! I always check eBay and Craigslist. If you find a bow at a shop that you like, before you drop the money do some research on Ebay, you may be surprised at how much you could save. Alot of bowshops sell used bows on ebay. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

buckeye96
07-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks. I was looking at the Bear Encounter and Legion. My brother in law is trying to talk me into a mission, he is a mathews fan, but I can't find a place to take one for a test drive and I don't want to buy something I haven't shot. Plus I have a ton of gift cards to Cabelas and they don,t sell mathews products.

hortontoter
07-18-2012, 10:31 PM
I can't help any with bow info. But welcome to the forum. I'm a Summit County resident also. Hudson opened up archery hunting last season in case you don't know. Quite a few stipulations though. My Dad took the shooting test and hunted in Hudson last winter. A lot of deer in the area he hunted.

Mightymet
07-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I bought my first bow last year. I shot a bunch of them. I was also on a budget and I didn't know how much I would like it. I did a ton of online research also to see what people were saying about the bows I was looking at. I ended up getting a Bowtech Assassin. I love it. For the money one of the best bows I shot. I also liked a few others but this one really fit me well. I hunted with it last year and then shot indoor 5 spot league. Try one out. Shoot anything you can get your hands on. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk