PDA

View Full Version : Moultrie trail cam??

PUMPHOUSE OUTDOORS
07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Ive been using bushnell trophy cams the last couple yrs and was gonna get a new cam.looking at the moultrie D55 IrXt. Wondering if anyone has any pros or cons about moultrie's newer cameras like there M80 and such? Any info would be great thanks.

Griz
07-12-2012, 08:08 AM
I own two D55,s. They work good for the cost. I sent back two M80,s to Cabelas because the plot feature would not work. They also had some soft ware problems. But I believe those have been fixed. I,ve tried alot of different ones and think you get what you pay for. The battery life on the new ones are alot better. My Moulties are good, the only camera I would knock is Cuddy Back. They are so over rated and too!! expensive.

PUMPHOUSE OUTDOORS
07-12-2012, 08:22 AM
I meant to post this thread in the trail cam forum, any idea how I can move it there or should I just re post

Big_Holla
07-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I meant to post this thread in the trail cam forum, any idea how I can move it there or should I just re post

All set Pumphouse Outdoors!

Think my buddy has the M80, not sure though, but the only problem he has had has been when he put a SD card from another brand camera in it. Pictures wouldn't save. Figured out that he just needed to dedicate cards to the specific camera instead of swapping and using in others.

HANKFAN
07-13-2012, 08:16 AM
I have 12 M80's out right now and ran them all last year as well. Awesome little cameras. Great picture quality, good battery life and dependable.

mrbb
07-13-2012, 12:15 PM
OK I have used several didfferent models by moultrie

all I can say is they all seem to have slow wake up speeds/trigger times, meaning you get tons of pictures of nothing and or don't get a picture at all of things that walk past the camera's
and the IR I had/have, are not the best, is animal is moving at all, the pic's are blury to the point you cannot see subjest in the then

OVER bait they do work OK, as it will help trigget the camera by them standing in front of it a longer amount of time. but on trails, I think there are MUCH better camera's, and these moultrie's you will be dis appointed with! with so many missed pictures!
I have the solar panel and I have the remote cell phone sending deal(did it for just 3 months, and will not do again, , any one wnat to buy it??)
and the remote set up to send pic's via e mail, SUCKS
it will drain a set of batteries in about 40 -60 pictures, and again the cam is slow and picture quality is poor

as for battery life, even with the solar panel
I only get about 4 weeks over a bait pile in late winter, about 1400 to 1700 picture, more at night fatser they go dead, or colder
I get the same amount of WINTER over bait picture or MORE out of my cuddleback with a real flash over bait, and thats without a solar panel, wish they had one as an option!
right now in warmer weather, the solar panel seems to hold up much better, but then gain I am not over a bait pile, but a pinch point on a food plot to help get pic's!
I am not bashing there camera's, they do work, and take OK pic's when they do much better in day time than at night !
but if you look into any test web site that test camera's you will see there trigger speeds are slow as to say a cuddleback(there not the greatest cams either, but the best I have used as for working and the value! and there bear box is by far the best out there to help prevent you camera from walking off!)

just so you know what your getting
as far as I know there is only about 4 trail cam's on the market that have REAL sub 1 second triggers, and thats a must if you ask me for on a trail!
the cuddleback, the reconix, the buckeye cam, and , pending review the leupold and ONE bushnell camera I think

all the other makers can claim what they like, but??
look at real reviews and you'll see there not telling the truth!

just my 2 cents, been using trail cam's since 1998, so?? what do I know!

Buckstar25
07-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Get a hold of the i45's! I will say I have zero complaints with them. The deal is too good to pass up for what you get. Battery life over trophy rock is at 2 months an that's about a 500 picture monthly average.....Still at 70% as of last night.

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/productdetail.aspx?id=game%20spy%20i-45%20infrared%20game%20camera%20-%20refurb%20combo

ChandraCauthen
07-25-2012, 09:15 AM
So far I never heard any negative comment from Bushnell Trophy Cam. For me I really love this waterproof trail camera because it’s still leading the way with up to 1-year battery life and 1-second trigger speed, plus now gives you the big picture of game movement with Field Scan time-lapse technology.

mrbb
07-25-2012, 10:39 AM
So far I never heard any negative comment from Bushnell Trophy Cam. For me I really love this waterproof trail camera because it’s still leading the way with up to 1-year battery life and 1-second trigger speed, plus now gives you the big picture of game movement with Field Scan time-lapse technology.

Well. We bought 4 of the bushnels for my camp, and they had tons of problems, NO way 1 second trigger time,s that is Maybe on there nowest models only, and We had to send them all back for updates, they still take poor nite time pic's, worse if subject is moving at allNot bashing them, but that is 3hat I know of them from my useage, they have many models,and not all work the same

Buckstrike138
07-26-2012, 08:16 AM
I am currently using a Moultrie D55IR. I have had several pics with no deer in them. I have had more than a few with just the head or the tail. I have no issues with image quality, night or day. I like the camera and after getting a few pics of half deer, I adjusted the angle of the camera and had improved results. Price is good too.