PDA

View Full Version : New member in NE Ohio

clannagael
07-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey,

My name is Dave, I'm from NE Ohio. I started hunting when I was 6 (1980) but didn't start archery until I bought my first compound bow in '95. I gave that bow to my brother in law when I bought my crossbow around '05.

I 've always hunted with my dad and he prefers small game hunting and deer gun/muzzleloader. Past couple of years he's been slowing down a lot and I've been hunting solo more often so I decoders it's a good time to get serious about my archery again.

Sunday I ordered a Hoyt Rampage XT Long Draw (I'm 'bout 6-4 with a 31" draw). Should be here in a couple of weeks so I can get some quality practice for a couple of months.

Its been a while since I've shot compound so I hope to learn a lot, and maybe I'll have something to contribute too.

Regards.

County: Stark
Yrs bow hunting: 17
3D: No
Public/Private: Public
Own land: Not that can be hunted
Bows: Hoyt Rampage XT, Horton Legend 175
Gun hunter: yes
Predator: yes
Turkey: Heck yes
How'd I find here: tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

hortontoter
07-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Welcome aboard, Dave. I'm just north of you in Summit County and do most of my deer hunting just south of you in Carroll County. Hope you find this place enjoyable. The site is quite slow this time of year, but will get busy as the season approaches.

Big_Holla
07-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Great to have you join us!!

MQ1
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Welcome .............

Stonegod
07-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the site.