PDA

View Full Version : Monster Raxx is in!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
07-09-2012, 01:52 AM
I just got my 5 bags in. I will be putting a mineral site in today and I will be moving one stand site. I will post pictures later.8567

ManOfTheFall
07-10-2012, 02:24 AM
857685798575857785788571857285738574Here is a shot of the mineral site. The 2nd shot you can see the mineral site up close. I have a stand in the big tree in the back middle tree which is about 25 yards off the mineral site. The other 3 shots are of a stand I relocated about thirty yards due to all the activity I saw in this particular area. The stand by the mineral site is called the Big Oak stand. The other stand site we named the Boiler Room.

hortontoter
07-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Looks good. I've found mineral sites are great for checking herd inventory with my cameras. But, hunting over them has proved to be fruitless for me. I placed my sites in areas with heavily used trails as you have done. Just seems that once the velvet is gone the bucks vacate the sites.

Big_Holla
07-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks for sharing your pics!! Looks like a nice place and sure hope the Monster RAXX pays off for ya! You hang a trail cam over it at all???

ManOfTheFall
07-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I will be putting the camera's on that site and another site this weekend. I can't wait to start seeing the pictures.

ManOfTheFall
07-11-2012, 11:49 PM
I am going to try and get out Thursday and put in 2 more mineral sites. Then I will only have 2 more stands to move, create one more mineral site, and put in my first food plot. Then, I will sit, wait, collect pictures from my cameras, and be in a stand on September 29th dark and early. Can't wait!!!!!

Whitetail Freak
07-12-2012, 01:42 PM
is sept 29th the opening day of bow season this year? I called odnr and they told me they didnt know an exact date yet just wondering so i can get day off work

ManOfTheFall
07-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes, September 29th is opening day!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
07-16-2012, 05:19 AM
I'm sure you guys know things don't always go as planned. I did not get back out to do anymore yet. So, here is my new plan. Today I plan on hanging 2 camera's, putting in 2 mineral sites, possibly 3 if time permits.I am also going to look over the area I want to put a food plot in and see what it looks like. I need to fix a strap on one stand and take down one that needs some serious repair on it. Then on another day I have 2 stands I want to move and if I don't get that 3rd mineral site in today I will do it then. Lat but not least I need to plan when I want to try and get the food plot in.

hortontoter
07-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Sounds like you plan to be ready by opening day. The preperation is fun in my opinion. I like your style. Hope your hard work pays big dividends.

ManOfTheFall
07-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Well, let's see. Here is what I got done on Monday. Broken strap on stand fixed, 2 mineral sites in, 2 camera's up, and I looked over the food plot area. It looks good. I just have to get it mowed down and apply some weed killer, wait about a week, apply some fertilizer lay down seed then pray for rain. So besides the plot I want to put in I still have one mineral site to put in, move two more stands and take down the one that needs repaired. After that it's just a matter of collecting pictures then start hunting September 29th!!!!!

hortontoter
07-17-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm anxious to see what shows up on your cameras. Hopefully a couple of shooters will make an appearance. I plan to pull my camera card one day later this week. Hopefully some good bucks will have visited my Trophy Rock.

ManOfTheFall
07-18-2012, 03:27 AM
Just got some more work to do. With my mew bow I will be sighting it in and alot of shooting these next 2 months!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
07-24-2012, 01:15 AM
The work is slowly getting done. I have one more stand to move, the old rickety stand to take down and repair, one more mineral site to put in, and I am making my first attempt at a food plot this year as well which I haven't started yet. Also tow of the stands I moved I am going out to camoflouge them a little better. I will be checking my camera's next Monday for the first time. Hopefully I will have some nice pictures for you guys to see!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
08-02-2012, 12:57 AM
I checked my camera's on Tuesday. I was disappointed because I inly had a couple days of pictures on each one. Both camera's were dead. I don't know if the batteries were bad or what happened. I did get a nice pic of what looked to be a decent 2 or 3 year old but I couldn't see his whole rack so I'm just not sure what he has. I also had a couple younger bucks and some doe's and fawns. I did put in my last mineral site, freshened one mineral site up and went to move the one stand but it was stolen. So, now I only have to get the old rickety stand down, brush in a couple of the stands I moved and figure out what is going on with the camera's. I will try getting the pic of that buck on soon.