PDA

View Full Version : Tree stand

Mightymet
07-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Bought an outdoor products 21 foot dual rail single man stand. Thought I would let you know what I think about it. Bought it at Geauga bow in middlefield. I believe it was $140.00. We put the top together in the garage. The instructions sucked for the most part but they have a great picture on the box so we were able to manage. Went together well. Everything lined up. The only thing we changed was the shooting rail. It was way to high for a bow. We set up just the top section and sat in it and decided to move the stops for the rail down. Just had to drill two new holes. It has a wider seat than most other single man stands. You don't feel cramped while in it. We set it up yesterday out at the hunting property. This is how we did it.

I suggest taking a mallet. I use a dead blow hammer. This makes it easier to put the sections together. They line up ok but still need a little help. I also took my gorilla folding ladder. I know this is a lot to take but if you have a way to transport it to your spot it makes things a lot easier and safer in my opinion. We laid out the sections (3 ladder sections plus the top) and assembled them. They use tractor pins. Nice and easy. Then tied on the ropes. My son, my hunting partner and I then stood it up. I suggest three people for this part. Two could do it but it is heavy and tall. Once we got it up and tied it off we installed the post and strap. Then we set up the gorilla ladder next to the stand. It was a lot more comfortable climbing that then climbing the stand before it is strapped to the tree. It worked great. And felt much safer. Once I got the stand strapped I climbed up and had a seat. Very comfortable and sturdy. With the dual rail it doesn't wobble or rattle hardly at all. Great view from up that high also. The only real complaint I have is when you want to fold the seat it feels as though you are way to close to the edge of the platform. Other than that I think it's a great stand for the money.

I will post a pic later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patmc81
07-08-2012, 01:11 PM
View from the top!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mrbb
07-08-2012, 04:02 PM
well I like them double rail stands, they always seem solid once set up

as for putting the sections together, I found using a ratchet strap works well too, for squeezing the sections together ,
and as for standing them up, well , I found that bringing a ladder with me make that so easy,
Plus it allows me to see what things will look like from above before i commit to a tree to place the stand!,
and then I hang a snatch block on the tree and then simply pull it up in to place,
I found I can put all things on my atv, ladder, ladder stand loc' on's! stands and all tools needed, makes carring everything in so easy, and so much safer to hang them1

Mightymet
07-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I was thinking of getting a snatch block. I thought that would be way better than trying to walk it up. But I didn't get around to it. It wasn't bad with the three of us but we may just be the two of us the next time. We still have four more stands to set. As you can see in the pic we used my ATV to haul out our gear. We ate building a small trailer just for the hunting property. It's pretty heavy duty. The one we used yesterday was my garden trailer. I don't think it will make another trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk