PDA

View Full Version : Started the real work yesterday

Mightymet
07-08-2012, 11:39 AM
We set up our first stand at our hunting property yesterday. We planned on setting two but it was to hot. We set a 21 foot single on a monster of a tree. Its like sitting on a skyscraper. Great lines of sight. Wasn't to bad to put up. My son and my friend pat and I set it. By the time we finished my deodorant needed deodorant. We used an outdoor products 21 foot dual rail. I'll post a review in the review forum. We also got the feeder going with a camera on it. We are feeding just one a morning for now. Filled it with a mix of corn and a berry feed mix. We'll see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mightymet
08-15-2012, 07:39 AM
We have two more stands set. Another 21 footer and a 15 foot double. We chose to put the 21 about 12 or do yards off what looks to be a heavy used trail. We have a mineral lick on this trail and have gotten a ton of pics. We have a little trimming to do for our shooting lanes. 87208721

We put the double up closest to our point if entry. This is going to be our "only got a little time stand". Also for the wife when she decides to venture out. I actually like this location. It shows promise, but time will tell. 87228723

Two more to go and then some trail marking for those dark entry and exit times.

nomad_archer
08-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Its lookin good. I have always liked nice ladder stands especially when you can put them out and leave them out.

mrbb
08-15-2012, 10:37 AM
I agree I like ladder stands the best, to me there the quietest to get in and out of, and can be made to hide you the best with some effort

I also found , since I hang stands alone,that by bringing a ladder with me(strap it to my ATV) I can simply ad a pully to the tree and hoist up a ladderstand with no sweat with my atv
I know its not always possibly to do some places , but at my place being mostly flat I can get almost every where, and takes all the hard work out of setting them up for me

good luck

Mightymet
08-15-2012, 09:07 PM
It's pretty flat where we are. As you can see in the one pic I had the ATV out. Makes getting them back there nice and easy. I picked up a pulley yesterday. We have one stand we want to set that has really good cover and we don't want to cut to much out. Going to try to put the stand up in sections starting with the top and pulling it up and then putting on the next section. We will see how this goes.

hortontoter
08-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Good lookin sets. I like the open woods setting on the "short time" stand. Good luck this season.

Big_Holla
08-16-2012, 12:24 PM
These types of posts are my favorite! Love seeing and hearing about your new stand sites!!

Mightymet
08-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Well hopefully Sunday I will post the last two and get a pic of the one we call the eagles nest. It's in the very back of our property. Older woods with very little brush. You can see 360 around. I really like that one.

Mightymet
08-16-2012, 07:01 PM
We named the short time stand the " b#%*h" stand because we placed it more for the ladies if they decide to come out. They don't like the dark and we head out well before dawn and head in well after sunset.

Mightymet
08-16-2012, 07:06 PM

We called this one trails end. The name makes no sense in the fact that is actually about half way back but we hope it's the end of the trail for some deer! This is the same stand as the one in the first post.

Mightymet
08-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Finally got the last two stands up. Couldn't believe how many leaves have already fallen since last week. I hope these stands are in good spots.
Not sure what we are calling this one yet. I was thinking "walk the line". It's close to the property line.

No idea what to call this one. Maybe "guess work" since we are guessing it may be a good location.

Mightymet
08-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Here is "the eagles nest". I love this stand.
The pictures don't do it justice. It's a great view. It's a long walk back there but I hope it's worth it.

Kristy
08-19-2012, 10:18 PM
We named the short time stand the " b#%*h" stand because we placed it more for the ladies if they decide to come out. They don't like the dark and we head out well before dawn and head in well after sunset.

There are plenty of ladies, including myself that can hang with the best of men! I have no problem walking to my stand an hour and a half before sunset and also after sundown all by my lonesome. Nothing to be afraid of, just anxious to get situated, pull my bow up and wait for the kill :)

Kristy
08-19-2012, 10:19 PM
And I almost forgot, my stand isnt ten feet deep in the woods, its a haul, lol!

patmc81
08-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Well our I don't think our significant others would walk to the stands in the back. But yes there are a lot of ladies that would

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mightymet
08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
I know plenty of women that would walk back at any time. Just not mine. Lol