PDA

View Full Version : TN fella needing advise on Tri Valley WMA

Kevan
06-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Planning a trip up to the tri valley wma either the 1sta or 2nd week of Nov. I've put the question out there on my TN hunting forum and haven't had much luck getting an answer. Questions are...is this a good rut time? Generally what phase if so. How is the hunting ? Is there much pressure? I'd appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

Kevan
09-12-2012, 12:01 PM
TTT...no one have input?

mneal
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
I work about 15 minutes from the TV Wildlife area and there is some good hunting there. It usually gets pushed pretty hard the first two days of gun season.. but not too bad during bow . There is a lot of area to hunt and a lot of deer on the property. I would recommend not entering off of highwat 208 as that is where most out of staters and the Amish hit the hardest. If you can find a side road with access to the Wildlife area... I think you will have a much better chance of not tripping over other hunters. If you are that close to Dresden... you might want to research the Powelleson Wildlife area and the Federal Land near Dylan State park that allows public hunting.