PDA

View Full Version : Newfoundland Bears!!

Marquis Mark
06-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Just got back from a week in Newfoundland. Weather was terrible for hunting... cold temps and rain all but two days washed the baits out and kept bear activity down. However I still saw some great bears!! My first night hunting put me within 10ft of a monster! All he gave me was a view of his head and right shoulder so no ethical bow shot was possible. Another hunter in camp ended up taking that boar two days later with a .338...... from 20yds lol. It weighed in at 410lbs!! My second day on stand at a different location gave me three bears. The first came in and sat down next to me six feet away watching the bait then left to circle it. Then the excitement started. Two bears running eachother from the bait for a minute made some good entertainment. Finally I was given a perfect 25yd braodside shot. My arrow flew straight and all 477gr of it took out the heart and both lungs before passing out the other side. 20 short yards and my bear was giving short protest before expiring. 170ibs with a flawless coat and beautiful white V on its chest. Another hunter took a 225lber from the same stand 2 days later. We managed to take 3 bears for 8 hunters in camp despite the terrible weather. The outfit I went thru is amazing! The nicest people you could ever spend a week with in a very productive area. If you ever want to give Newfoundland a try for a shot at a monster bear, moose, or caribou (this guy guided a man and harvested the current number 2 Woodland-boo in the world), see some icebergs, eat great food (i had seal and it was great!), and see some beutiful country let me know!! I'll be glad to give you his number!!! This outfit is legit in every way and the hunts are very reasonable.

Big_Holla
06-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Nice job and looks to be a great place to go!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Marquis Mark
06-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks Big!!

Mike F
06-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Congrats on your hunt, nice looking bear