PDA

View Full Version : what broadheads to use ?/

RackCityOutdoors
05-03-2012, 01:15 PM
jus wondering what everyone shoots and what grain??

MandRroofing
05-03-2012, 03:25 PM
This is what I'm gonna try this year
http://www.trophytaker.com/shuttle_t_lock.aspx

ranger175a
05-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Spitfire 100gr.

buckbuster217
05-03-2012, 07:16 PM
gonna be shootin the G5 T3s this year in a 100 grain

BIGHUNTOH
05-04-2012, 12:34 PM
grim reaper 150gr. bone collector carbon arrows

MQ1
05-04-2012, 04:57 PM
I have been using G5 T3's 100 gr for 3 seasons now and i personally like them, and have had great results , they open on contact and 1.5" exit hole, another plus is they are 100% steel , I run them on 30.5" CX Terminator Selects 6075's

offtheground
05-05-2012, 08:28 AM
I would not give you a wooden nickel for the G5 T3's, I used them for two hunts last year and threw them away. They will not hold up and you never know if the blue or red clippy thing is set right. You have to watch putting them in your quiver and taking them out any little push on the end or side of broadhead will mess up the clip and cause one or all three blades to flop around. I emailed them about my issue and go zero response. Save your money get something else.

MQ1
05-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I know what you are talking about but it takes a little different quiver to use mechanicals , I went to a softloc with the two arrow webs and you just remove the first section of pad and the broadhead does not touch anthing.The single arrow web quivers are not really made for mechanicals due to what you explaned and foam build up on other types of mechanical heads. I like the dual web quivers now period. they hold the shafts solid and keeps down the noise when shooting with the quiver on.

Big_Holla
05-07-2012, 08:36 PM
I used the G5 T3's last year and really liked them and will definitely use them again this year. I understand what offtheground is saying though on if they are in the clips right or not. Not much in the literature to make sure they are set right but an email asking explained it well enough for me to gain complete confidence in using them.

I have always been a tried and true fixed blade user and it really took me a lot to give them a try. The biggest problem I was having was getting consistent flight out of fixed blades. I would tune and tune and double check things, have people look at it at the bow shop, etc. and everything was always right however I would still get an arrow often enough that would fly out and not always the same arrow. Probably my form or something I was doing but it was enough to make me lose confidence in my equipment.

patradhunter
06-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Magnus 125 2 blade and STOS 160 2 blade. I shoot 160's with pine shafts that are just a little bit over spined
for my bow.

Doe hunter
06-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Ram cat!!! This will be my third year using them and LOVE them

Griz
06-13-2012, 01:49 PM
For five years I shot the American broadhead sonic with a cutting edge of 7/8". They flew great and always had a complete pass threw with enough energy left to stick in the ground or a tree. Because of only a 7/8" cutting edge a marginal hit could be a problem. I feel I lost a few because of that. If only I could stop the marginal hits. We all know how that goes.
So for the last two years I've shot the Rage expandable with a large cutting edge. They fly great an sure do cut a big hole but I have never had a complete pass threw. The arrow is always in the animal. Some have an exit hole some don't. My bow is plenty fast so that is not the problem. I also agree carrying your arrows in a quiver is different with an expandable. You have to take out the thick piece of foam that holds them secure so the heads don't deploy in your quiver. That can make the bow noisy when shooting. The only reason I'm still shooting the rage is I have not lost an animal that I've shot. Some of the blood trails have been thin but with patience I've found the animals. I guess I'm hard to satisfy. Still looking for the ultimate broadhead thats flies consistantly and keeps its energy.

Doe hunter
06-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Griz I think you should check out the ram cats. That's why I won't use the rage no chisel point and I know a TON of people that shoot forward or back just a little to far and have no pass thru in the sweet spot they are GREAT

buckmaster1100
08-01-2012, 09:25 PM
I like the 125gr. Magnus Stingers lifetime warrenty, you can't beat that.

Chad

MandRroofing
08-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Trophy taker shuttle t locks! By far the toughest and fly very well.at least give them a try...