PDA

View Full Version : Three Seasons of Trying......it finally paid off!!

Seeker Bp
04-27-2012, 11:17 AM
It finally happened..April 27, 2012.....7:01 am. For a week now, My hunting buddy Chuck Lee and I have been sitting tight in a sasquatch blind in the very bedroom of several Gobblers. Each day has played out several differant senarios. We tried our best to just pattern and wait them out, never using decoys or calls.....Till Today! The hen call played a key role in this Tom heading in hot and heavy. Thought that he was going to bust right on through, but Chuck clucked and stopped him right in his tracks, giving me a great shot at about 20 yards. The 340 Easton, tipped with the Magnus Stinger hit its mark. This was my second Gobbler ever, and my first with my compound....what a rush. Special thanks to Chuck for setting us up in Turkey land and excellent calling. Also thanks to Big Holla and Mike F for all the votes of confidence, it was cool having you guys as a part of the hunt.....Never thought I would get my chance, but it happened.....just stay focused and be persistant, you can do anything. Rock on everyone!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!!

hortontoter
04-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Congrats Seeker. Nice looking bird.

Mike F
04-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Big Congrats, and great pictures. I'll buy the first round.

mrbb
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
well congrats
I believe that being persistant pays off too!

SO, good for you

blackbeard
04-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Wow, very cool. Congrats. A big achievement with a bow. Nice photos as well.

Seeker Bp
04-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone, Appreciate it. Hope you all the best of luck. That was one of the best hunts I have ever been on... Seeker

Griz
04-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Congrats Seeker! There's nothing like doing it with an arrow.

Big_Holla
05-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Way to go Seeker!! Using the bow takes turkey hunting to a whole new level and you did it!!!

Whitetail Freak
01-15-2013, 09:46 PM
way to go buddy iam hoping i can arrow 1 next year

Gobblestalker
03-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Well done Seeker. I have been arrowing turkeys for about 6 years now and the dust on my turkey gun keeps getting thicker. It is amazing to be up and personal with a big tom. Wait till you try a sit for them outside the blind(gunner style). Keep shooting straight. What is everyone using down there for decoys?

Big_Holla
03-15-2013, 08:04 AM
I've got a couple of the old Feather Flex and one hard body decoy I painted the head on, gave him a lil beard and made into a jake. Felt like I had to do something that year as the gobblers seemed to really shy away from the FF as we had been seeing for a few years then.