PDA

View Full Version : Summer Camping!!!UPDATE!!! CANCELLED!!!!!!!!

redneckross
04-22-2012, 09:49 PM
August 17, 18, 19 at Cardinal Shooting Center.

bring your bows for the 3d tourney, and your shotguns for some sporting clays. a comfy chair and a few tall tales are always a good thing to bring also.

ill have the BHO grill 10x10 easy up.

we will need some fire wood.

redneckross
04-22-2012, 09:52 PM
sorry to the 2 viewers. i typed the wrong dates in each thred.

buckstalker17
04-23-2012, 12:43 AM
i guess i need to dust off the benelli or the remington:hurray::hurray:

buckstalker17
05-29-2012, 11:17 PM
is the 17th thru the 19 the actual date just wondering thinkn of coming in off that weekend ? :p :p

blackbeard
06-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Darn, I should have been on here more the last month, I definitely cannot make August 17-19, major prior commitment- vacation. Sorry guys, I'll have to miss this year, that really sucks.

Big_Holla
06-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Darn, I should have been on here more the last month, I definitely cannot make August 17-19, major prior commitment- vacation. Sorry guys, I'll have to miss this year, that really sucks.

Well in that case I'll try really hard to be there fella's!! LOL juuust kidding BB but I do hope to be there!

redneckross
06-11-2012, 07:28 PM
yes stalker. we will be setting up friday and packing up and leaving sunday.

buckstalker17
06-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks Ross I'm in let me know what u need me to bring

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gxwgbe
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneckross
06-30-2012, 10:13 AM
ok whos coming? how many sites do i need to have them hold for us? im trying to get them to hold the end block for us like i did last year but they have a shoot starting on the 21st and people may start camping on the weekend.

redneckross
06-30-2012, 11:44 AM
heres whats up...

i have sites 832-837 held for us right now. for you to reserve one of those sites you need to call cardinal 1.419.253.0800 and tell them you need to reserve one of the 6 sites under the name Ross Muszynski. its $29 a night.

please let me know if you reserve a site because they are being held on my credit card number. i can cancel them 10 days before at no cost.

ill have an easy up and the big grill with my tent and room for one more.

they say only 2 adults per site but if theres more its $5 per.

redneckross
07-08-2012, 09:33 PM
HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Whitetail Freak
07-08-2012, 09:48 PM
where is this camp out being held? i would like to attend might be only 1 day but would like to meet sum of y'all

Mike F
07-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Garrett and I are in for the day on sat. for sure. I won't be able to commet for any more yet.
We'll bring our bows. Garrett is already talking smack about who he's taking down this year.
I can bring the deep fryer for sat evening, and a bunch of chicken strips to put in it.
And of course there will be some beverages.

redneckross
07-09-2012, 05:31 PM
cardinal shooting center aug 17-19 freak

Seeker Bp
07-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Ok Ross. I will be down for sure on Sat....cant promise I will be camping...........will also bring a cooker and some grub. Ready to shoot with you again! You got my number, contact me any time from here till then if you need any thing specific... Seeker

redneckross
07-16-2012, 08:04 PM
if nobody can go or dont want to go i can pull the sites and we can meet up at a 3d in central ohio for the day? figured i would of gotten a few replys by now.

buckstalker17
07-18-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm gonna take one Ross I thought I already posted my bad.

Stonegod
07-31-2012, 07:00 AM
Is the campout still on???

buckstalker17
07-31-2012, 01:27 PM
You coming Stonegod ??

Stonegod
07-31-2012, 06:23 PM
You coming Stonegod ??

From what I've read, there's nothing to come to!! There's like 2-3 guys that have committed. My crews and I have been beaten to death by this heat so far this year, but if time allows(we're swamped with work) and more guys commit I wouldn't mind stopping by.......if nothing else.....to finally meet our fearless captain.

Mike F
07-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Garrett and I are in for sat afternoon/evening. Shooting the 3d's and cooking dinner/drinking. I'm bringing him so I have a driver.

Seeker Bp
07-31-2012, 09:49 PM
I will be there Sat afternoon, also to shoot! Let me know if theres anything needed Ross.

redneckross
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
ok looks like only 2 of us are camping. i dont know if its worth driving to have a BHO camp and only 2 campers. it would be cheeper to just go shoot somewhere.

redneckross
08-03-2012, 03:46 PM
well with only me and stalker signed up to come down it dont look like its worth it. so here it is SUMMER CAMP 2012 is CANCELLED!!!!!! i have called cardinal and no longer have any sites reserved. STALKER check your PM's. sorry for any problems but its just not worth it.

mrbb
08-04-2012, 09:58 PM
well that sucks, but I guess many folks just cannot swing it this yr
I know , me being out of work, I wasn't even in the running to make it again
seems like so many regulars anymore just ain't here like they were last yrs, too!

all good things seem to change in time ! and not always for the better I guess!

maybe winter will be better for folks!

Stonegod
08-04-2012, 11:29 PM
seems like so many regulars anymore just ain't here like they were last yrs, too!

all good things seem to change in time ! and not always for the better I guess!

Don't worry about it!!! A member replied to one of my post this year when concern was mention about regulars leaving and I was told that it's just a seasonal thing (that was back in Feb) and I was told that everything was just fine. So sit back mrbb and just enjoy the site......there's nothing to worry about.

mrbb
08-05-2012, 02:10 PM
HA HA HA , never been worried
but this site isn't as it was several yrs ago
no matter what folks say! on here its not the same anymore!

but then again, WHAT IS??

Stonegod
08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Oh, I agree 100% with you mrbb, but others seem to think things are just fine. Not only are they not "fine" but I fear they're getting worse. The summer campout is a good example....went from everyone having a great time last year and all saying the couldn't wait til next years campout......to zip. I'm curious to see how the team challenge goes this year.....will the missing regulars return for that?? This use to to my "go to site", now it's just a site I go to if I have time after visiting my regular sites. Seeker was kind enough to point out that I lived on this site.....not anymore.

bigcountry
08-05-2012, 09:42 PM
well maybe we need to figure out what is going wrong with everyone and update what needs to be changed.. IMO i love this site and you guys are awesome..loved the winter campout in 2011 but i had to leave early due to daughters sickness moved away for about 7 months and im still on here everyday hahaha

Stonegod
08-06-2012, 02:56 AM
well maybe we need to figure out what is going wrong with everyone and update what needs to be changed.. IMO i love this site and you guys are awesome..loved the winter campout in 2011 but i had to leave early due to daughters sickness moved away for about 7 months and im still on here everyday hahaha

That's just the problem, there's an element on here that thinks everything is just fine.....that there's nothing wrong and thus nothing needs fixing. I too loved coming to this site on a daily basis....but no longer do. The guys that I liked to see post rarely (if ever) do,even diehards like black beard,radicalxl, hortontotor,split2g ect. don't post like they use to......sure things change......guys come and go......but when a large chunk of regular posters disappear in a 6 month span.....there's a reason. As far as I know the championship team challenge team still hasn't recieved their prizes.....all say they played for bragging rights and that's fine and dandy, but the point is the lack of concern. Geeez I don't think anyone even knows what the prizes are that they're waitng for.Sure there will be that surge of guys on here during deer season, I'm interested in seeing how many regulars return this year. Six months ago I think alot of the regulars....when they were still around would of loved to help "fix things".....but sadly what drew me to this site two years ago, is gone and like those regulars..... mostlikely gone for good I fear.

Seeker Bp
08-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Is that violins I hear playing as I read Stonegods post?? lmao Everyone you have talked about has been on here with post and responses....PMs flying everywhere. Not as heavy as normal, but theres been work, berry picking, 3d shoots,and such going on all summer. Not really sure whats expected of (The Regulars) I thought the site was about information and making new friends.. Summer camp was a bust because its hard for some to break free, not because we dont want it to happen....Winter camp will be a differant thing, more time, and hunting to do. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here! As far as the challenge, not everything in life go's as planned. Move on! Seeker

buckstalker17
08-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Is that violins I hear playing as I read Stonegods post?? lmao Everyone you have talked about has been on here with post and responses....PMs flying everywhere. Not as heavy as normal, but theres been work, berry picking, 3d shoots,and such going on all summer. Not really sure whats expected of (The Regulars) I thought the site was about information and making new friends.. Summer camp was a bust because its hard for some to break free, not because we dont want it to happen....Winter camp will be a differant thing, more time, and hunting to do. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here! As far as the challenge, not everything in life go's as planned. Move on! Seeker

Ut o your going to anger the beast lol jus sayn

Seeker Bp
08-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Know what your sayen Stalker, not really trying too!! Its just to much Drama sometimes. And I truly believe thats why some of the regs are more to themselves any more. The site has always welcomed questions and knowledge of all sorts, but not everyone thinks the same way about things. You read and believe what you want, but if you dont agree thats fine. Life go's on!! Stonegod has some good points. But instead of thinking negative, maybe a more positive thought process on how to change things is in order. Hey, theres a good post! Maybe it should be asked.....What has chased the (Regulars) into the shadows, and what can be done to bring them back out. I myself spend each night coming to BHO, and it is still my Bowhunting Home...I have made many new friends here, past and present, and I wouldnt change a thing. I have to believe that as time go's on there will be many more friends made! I would suggest that you put enough effort towards making it to a winter camp, or even a 3D shoot, and get to know the people who frequent this site. I can sit here and say it has bettered my life with lots of laughs and good times.... Rock On BHO Seeker

buckstalker17
08-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I agree 100% with you seeker I try not to upset anyone but sometimes people take things out of context and not really read what you are saying and then bam someone fellings get hurt but everybody has there opinion if they would just say that's one way to look at insted of Taking it personal just my opinion except when the team challange smack talk is on then it's fair game lol just sayn

hortontoter
08-06-2012, 01:59 PM
I consider myself as a semi-regular poster. I don't see that big of an issue with the site. The site is kind of like hunting in my mind. Some guys do it a few weeks or so a year and some hunt in one way or another year round. Same with the site some guys are part/some timers. Also many people are more pressed for time during the summer. And don't forget lots of hunters are fishing all summer.

Rather or not the team that won the challenge last year ever receives some sort of prize is not a big deal in my opinion. If I had been on the winning team I could care less about a prize.

I have found a few good friends through this site. What more can one ask for?

bigcountry
08-06-2012, 02:04 PM
i like the way you put it horton..its like hunting..some do it for a few weeks some all year..thats the truth and yet a good one

Stonegod
08-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Is that violins I hear playing as I read Stonegods post?? lmao

Not trying to ruffle any feathers?........ really??

Stonegod
08-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Stonegod has some good points. Hey, theres a good post! Maybe it should be asked.....What has chased the (Regulars) into the shadows, and what can be done to bring them back out.

It's either one or the other. You can't say in one post that everything is ok,"it's just a seasonal thing" then follow it with this statement asking how to bring back the regulars that have faded into the shadows.....if the first one it true.......there's no need to be concerned about bringing them back.

Seeker Bp
08-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Hmmmmm! Hmmmmmm! OK Yea, Sure..........Thats right.........understood......WOW!! Good luck this season Stonegod!!

mrbb
08-06-2012, 09:51 PM
well I don't think there is anything wrong with the site or the people
its just LIFE, things change and not always for good or bad, things just go

I think lots of foklks here just grew up with life's responsibilities, and that just leaves l;ess time to check in as often

it happens, dosn't mean things are broken to me, just life!

come hunting season I think hunting sites get busy, as it brings out more of what started us all in the sport, and tend to feel like sharing more with the good group of folks here!
to see who got what and maybe share waht they got, or tips on the rut weathers, crops what ever!

Stonegod
08-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Hmmmmm! Hmmmmmm! OK Yea, Sure..........Thats right.........understood......WOW!! Good luck this season Stonegod!!

You're a jackass seeker....plain and simple.

Stonegod
08-06-2012, 11:54 PM
well I don't think there is anything wrong with the site or the people
its just LIFE, things change and not always for good or bad, things just go

I think lots of foklks here just grew up with life's responsibilities, and that just leaves l;ess time to check in as often

it happens, dosn't mean things are broken to me, just life!

come hunting season I think hunting sites get busy, as it brings out more of what started us all in the sport, and tend to feel like sharing more with the good group of folks here!
to see who got what and maybe share waht they got, or tips on the rut weathers, crops what ever!

No mrbb alot guys leave or stop posting because of fighting and bickering.....ya know like that coyote killing dogs post I just read....remember......I think you were on that one?

Big_Holla
08-07-2012, 12:35 PM

Wish there were a LIKE button on that one!

Yeah, I'm just getting tired of the same old bickering and drumming up of the past arguments. Everything has to be a fight these days. Move on and do something that is meaningful here, like how to's, share trail cam pics, pics of hunting spots, what you are doing these days, etc.................

Hate to say it but social sites like Facebook have put a hurt on forums such as these.

As far as the prizes go on the Team Challenge I have done everything I can think of to get that to happen. All addresses have been forwarded, all of the PM's I have got asking about it have been forwarded, posts have been forwarded, etc.. If I had the fricking money I would buy some prizes just to put an end to it but I am in the poor house as it is.

buckstalker17
08-07-2012, 01:00 PM

Yeah, I'm just getting tired of the same old bickering and drumming up of the past arguments. Everything has to be a fight these days. Move on and do something that is meaningful here, like how to's, share trail cam pics, pics of hunting spots, what you are doing these days, etc.................

Hate to say it but social sites like Facebook have put a hurt on forums such as these.

As far as the prizes go on the Team Challenge I have done everything I can think of to get that to happen. All addresses have been forwarded, all of the PM's I have got asking about it have been forwarded, posts have been forwarded, etc.. If I had the fricking money I would buy some prizes just to put an end to it but I am in the poor house as it is.

I added this for u big holla lol !!!!
Just click here [_] ( LIKE ). [_] dislike LOL

buckbuster217
08-07-2012, 03:31 PM
You're a jackass seeker....plain and simple.

You want the truth!! Things like this is exactly why I quit posting here, everything has to turn into a pissing match and some people will not let it go, this will probably make some people mad but its what we have been tip toeing around IMO. I will not leave BHO but won't be posting till this problem goes away, Chuck knows my look on this and I dont think it will get any better until some things are done!

hortontoter
08-07-2012, 03:44 PM
If people have a beef with someone on the site, let it be known. I don't mean to discuss it on the forum. Send the person a PM with your phone number or ask for the chance to call them. I've done this once with someone on this site and accomplished more in 15 minutes than we would have in months posting and creating havoc on the forums. Man up and quit acting like school yard kids.

We are never going to all agree with each other. I've learned to just let things slide. I'm with Holla, lets talk deer hunting, show each other our accomplishments and have some fun.

buckstalker17
08-07-2012, 04:37 PM
coom baya my lord coom baya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

longdraw
08-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Name calling gets you no were on a web-site!!!!! Come on get real guys,it was just a damn campout and its been canceled

radicalxl
08-07-2012, 07:07 PM

First off, you are appreciated for what you do, at least as far as I'm concerned.
Second, the reason I won't post much anymore is I learned along time ago that the second biggest fool in the world is the person who thinks he knows it all. and the biggest fool is the guy who argues with him. I't has nothing to do with opinions, that I can handle. But, I also have learned to recognize the difference between the two.

Seeker Bp
08-07-2012, 08:50 PM
OK, so now that we got that out of the way, there is the issue of trying to get a group together to at least shoot a 3d somewhere. I know Ross is interested, but He has more sense than to partake in our silly reindeer games going on right here... I personally would like to finish this post out with a positive outcome, and try to set something up for a group shoot. Any ideas for a location Redneck Ross? I dont even care if its at Cardinal....I am so glad we are old enough and wise enough to move on and overcome our emotional obstacles :) Seeker Hee Haw BP Sorry Still alot of kid in me !!

ohiowhitetails
08-07-2012, 09:56 PM
I should be able to do a 3d shoot seeker

Big_Holla
08-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for bringing this back to reality Seeker BP!! Hopefully something can be salvaged from the original plans of getting together to do some shooting!

bigcountry
08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
im glad we could resolve this conflict without anger.....now everyone hand over the prison shanks!!!! lol...i wish i would be able to get the time off of work so i could come shoot with you guys but i have a weird schedule...4 on 3 off 3 on 4 off and soo forth with 12 hour days but one of these days ill get to shoot with you fellers and share some more laughs and stories...maybe someone will be able to give me some more pointers to shooting 3d only done it twice and its not as easy at it sounds or looks hahaha

Seeker Bp
08-08-2012, 07:34 PM
OK, here are some options!! It would be nice to get an idea who really wants to shoot on Sunday August 19, 2012. That way we can try and hit a shoot that fits our driving range.....Coyote Run, Peebles OH.......Crystal Springs, Canal Fulton,......Hycrest Archery, Carrollton, Oh........Nelson Ledges, Garrettsville, OH..........Ohio Progressive, Ft Recovery......South Cuyahoga.....North Royalton. Waiting to hear who can make it.... Then we will try and decide where to go... Thanks all Seeker

buckstalker17
08-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm up for wherever

00buck
08-08-2012, 08:42 PM
i have never been to any of the campouts and had planned on attending this one if you guys choose a date and a place and i am off work i will be at the 3d shoot to meet some of you to put a face to the posts

redneckross
08-09-2012, 06:11 AM
im in for any shoot. just found wingfoot archers has a shoot ont he 19th also. on the map it dont look like wingfoot is far from cardinal.

Seeker Bp
08-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Was looking things over as far as a shoot being more center of the state, And Rednecks suggestion of Wingfoot appears to be the most logical one. Lets hear what you think about it and we will go from there. We have a week and a half to plan and take a head count. Anyone around my neck of the woods wants to get together and ride down with me is more than welcome. We can meet up at the Fin, Feather, and Fur just off 71 and 250 and go from there. Hope to see a few of you at this one!! Its just one day out of your lives, so lets go have some fun!! Seeker BP

Mike F
08-09-2012, 01:25 PM
im in for any shoot. just found wingfoot archers has a shoot ont he 19th also. on the map it dont look like wingfoot is far from cardinal.

I don't think the map is right. They are east of Akron

hortontoter
08-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Wingfoot Archery that I know of is in Suffield/Mogadore Ohio about 15 minutes southeast of Akron.

Mike F
08-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Wingfoot Archery that I know of is in Suffield/Mogadore Ohio about 15 minutes southeast of Akron.

That's what I thought, but the 3dshoots map shows it just outside of Columbus.

Seeker Bp
08-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Well, that blows.....What if we just do Cardinal center, and just do our own thing. If your up for that, lets do it. Lets get a time figured out. And it will be on Sun.... Say 10:00 or earlier...

rednecklb69
08-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Work and a two week old baby girl have slowed down my internet time