PDA

View Full Version : Up grading my harness

Griz
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm looking to replace my loggy bayou harness . The spider speed harness and the live wire desent system has caught my eye. Has any one used either of these? Looking for some hands on info.

Seeker Bp
03-24-2012, 05:41 AM
I changed over to the spyder harness last season, and it is awesome. I wore the Hss for years and it was like wearing a boat anchor... The spyder is super light, and absolutley no tangles. Two quick leg buckles and a chest buckle and your ready to rock. Hook up strap has a little stretch to it, and it is super comfortable. It gets super high marks from me. The live wire decent is a little more than I want to carry, still just use my climbing belt then hook into tree strap. I really believe you will be hard pressed to find any harness better than this one right now.......Seeker BP

Big_Holla
03-26-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't have anything I can add to this but it's always good to think about upgrade. I have an older, have to untangle every time, harness that I still use and wouldn't climb a tree without. It is still in great condition and is light and comfortable. Would certainly like to upgrade as well. I do like the ideas of a descend system built in but at the same time I hate things that are bulky and heavy to wear. Guess I'd like to hear other's opinions on this one!!

Marquis Mark
04-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Check out the Muddy Safegaurd while you're shopping. Super light, it will never tangle, no metal to metal contact = super quiet, bino strap built in, and comes with everything you need including tree strap and biner, linemans rope and biner, and suspension relief strap. I do hold a staff posistion with the company but I chose their products long before I became associated with them. Do youself a favor anf try one on! I know you'll like it!!

RUT NUT
04-19-2012, 11:43 PM
If you use a climber a lot....check out 20 Feet Up.

Griz
04-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Making the choice just got a little tougher. 20 feet up looks great along with there other ideas. I want to try out and touch the muddy safeguard before I make a choise. I have tried the spider harness and it feel good also. I still have some time before I need to decide. Thanks for all your help everyone. And keep it coming if you got more ideas.

Mightymet
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM
I bought the tree spider speed vest this year. Love it. Used it for the first time yesterday setting my stand. Worked great. Comfy and easy to use. I wear harnesses for work all the time. The one thing I really like is the padded leg straps. Also the adjustment is fast and easy. Since the weather is always changing here i am always wearing a different amount of clothes. So always adjusting the harness. I am planning to buy the scent blocker jacket to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griz
07-12-2012, 08:27 AM
I bought the tree spider speed vest this year. Love it. Used it for the first time yesterday setting my stand. Worked great. Comfy and easy to use. I wear harnesses for work all the time. The one thing I really like is the padded leg straps. Also the adjustment is fast and easy. Since the weather is always changing here i am always wearing a different amount of clothes. So always adjusting the harness. I am planning to but the scent blocker jacket to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I've not done muck lately in regards to hunting because of work. So I haven,t bought a new hareness but will do it before the season gets here. I,ve not been on site much either. So it feels good to do some posting.