PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the regular guys/posters?

A-Truehunter
03-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Haven't been on for a while do to health issues, I'm surprised/disappointed to see that the diehard year round/off season posters have vanished?? Seems to be mostly new out of state guys doing the posting!!! And some "city kids" pimping their videos. Offtheground, hortontotor, radicalxl, stonegod are they still regulars? Did any of them get banned? Stonegods last few posts seemed like he wasn't planning on hanging around. Has anyone had any contact with these guys?

Big_Holla
03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
With my health issues lately I haven't been on much so if somethings have happened that have caused others to drop off I don't know. I was kind of thinking the same things though lately, so many of my old friends that used to be on here just don't stop by any more and it really does suck. This used to be my most favorite place on earth to sit and chit chat, make friends, have discussions, get advice, etc. but I just don't know what to say any more. Heck, maybe it's me........so disappointing..........

mrbb
03-18-2012, 09:32 PM
well, I noticed its very quiet here too

but its a low time of yr, deer season is over, and well turkey is still a ways off, as is fishing

I know I for one is pretty burnt out as of lately on things, so, haven't been on much lately too ??

Seeker Bp
03-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Things are in a transition for sure. Spring fever has set in, and people are pretty busy right now. Besides, there really hasnt been much to chat about. I am sure its not you Big Holla....lol I think with every forum site you get to a point where you run out of things to cover. Turkey season is coming, and that will bring in some conversation. Bunch of new people coming on, and maybe that will bring some good new material.......then again maybe not. If you actually end up staying a regular on this site, you will come to find its a really good group of Regulars. I have become friends with some really cool people on here. Just remember, everyone has an opinion, you just have to decide whos opinion you want to listen too! lol And Big, this is the only Bowhunting Forum that I spend any time on and I still think it Rocks. You and the rest of the admin have always made things easy to understand, and quick to answer questions. Keep up the great work!!! Seeker BP

A-Truehunter
03-19-2012, 08:26 AM
well, I noticed its very quiet here too

but its a low time of yr, deer season is over, and well turkey is still a ways off, as is fishing

I know I for one is pretty burnt out as of lately on things, so, haven't been on much lately too ??

Funny that you reply to this thread, you're one of those regulars that I was referring too but just couldn't recall your site name!lol There are a few more also that I didn't mention, my point was that you and those other regular diehard guys managed to keep things interesting even during the slowest of times!! You with your many pics, hortontotor with his experienced advice/opinions, radicalxl with his opinions and common sense, stonegod with his humor. I knew stonegod from another site years ago, one of those all around outdoor sites, he spoke his mind but always in a humorous way, at that time he was hunting small game and catfish and foraging mostly. When he finally left that site along with a few of his site friends it just all went to hell and got stale and boring. Seems like some of the remaining regulars on here just take themselves too seriously and that just ashame, hunting should be fun and not a job.

Big_Holla
03-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Yeah it is that time of year where things do slow down a bit. I guess I get a bit nostalgic when I think back to years past this forum would be lit up with shed finds, plenty of discussions of last seasons results, plans for spring, trail cam pics...trail cam pics....trail cam pics, etc.. I'll name names of the people I miss seeing on here....first and foremost Split_G2. The dude knows his shit when it comes to deer and figuring them out. I couldn't wait to see the trail cam pics he constantly would have and the discussions...not only were they over the top with information they were always a riot to be part of. Blackbeard....wow what a wealth of knowledge and this guy has the deer on his wall to show for it. I know he often tries to get topics started but seems the participation of the forum usually let him down, at times me included. Here are a few more that I know stop by now and then but it's just not like it used to be: Kinzy, Superbuckeye, Stickarcher, MikeF, Redneckross, Deerhunter, BWTR737, the site owners and many many more. Guess I'm going through that "I ain't got shit to do because I'm sitting at home with a neck brace on so I might as well get teary eyed" but I sure do miss the interaction....the way things once were.

A-Truehunter
03-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Things are in a transition for sure. Spring fever has set in, and people are pretty busy right now. Besides, there really hasnt been much to chat about. I am sure its not you Big Holla....lol I think with every forum site you get to a point where you run out of things to cover. Turkey season is coming, and that will bring in some conversation. Bunch of new people coming on, and maybe that will bring some good new material.......then again maybe not. If you actually end up staying a regular on this site, you will come to find its a really good group of Regulars. I have become friends with some really cool people on here. Just remember, everyone has an opinion, you just have to decide whos opinion you want to listen too! lol And Big, this is the only Bowhunting Forum that I spend any time on and I still think it Rocks. You and the rest of the admin have always made things easy to understand, and quick to answer questions. Keep up the great work!!! Seeker BP I've only been a member since last summer, but since I've been healing in bed since fall, I've read about 30 old posts per day so I know the site well. It's guys like you, with their heads in the sand saying everything is just fine that finally kills a site!! Wake up!!!! Your main site mod/leader big_holla sees the writing on the wall, even stated that "this use to be" his favorite site to go to. From posts I've read it seems your back door shaded attacts on one member sent him off to another site. As for this site having a " great bunch of regulars" again your head is stuck in the sand, they are leaving the site.

mrbb
03-19-2012, 11:28 AM
well guys all 3 of my trail cam's all stopped working two weeks ago, for un known reason, managed to give them a break and well two seem to be working again, just put them back out yesterday so, will have a few pic;s in a week or so

Big Holla I agree with you, the old regulars are missed for same reasons as you said
but everyone's lives i guess change , family time get more of teh free time they used to have and hell this economy is doing few any good I know
including me!

so?

maybe turkey seaosn will pick things up, but don't know

seems just like good old days are gone
and the new times are OK, but just not the same to me too!

Seeker Bp
03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey I resemble that!! You should start a thread on reasons why regular members have left the site. Yeah, maybe your questions would be answered. Maybe not!! I have seen several post from people who have not posted in years...they didnt leave, they just became busy in there life and other prioritys were taken ... This site is far from dying, maybe the regs are just sitting tight waiting to see who will be on the site for more than 2 weeks and then dissapearing. Cant make everyone happy!! Sure would be a perfect world though, would it not?? Seeker

Big_Holla
03-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Big Holla I agree with you, the old regulars are missed for same reasons as you said
but everyone's lives i guess change , family time get more of teh free time they used to have and hell this economy is doing few any good I know
including me!

seems just like good old days are gone
and the new times are OK, but just not the same to me too!

Yeah that's where I am at on this as well mrbb. I know things change in people's lives and time isn't always there like it used to be. Guess that's just the way it is and will be. I too get caught up in my every day things going on, softball with my daughter, work, home projects and all. Easy to do. I guess for me since I don't live in Ohio I miss being there most every day so that is one thing that always draws me back to the site. As for the friendships that have come and gone I have always been one to feel if you are a friend of mine it's for life, no matter how much time goes in between or what life's brought to you in the meantime. Hopefully some will come back and hopefully some new members will fill the voids. It's people such as Seeker who would take the time to check on me while in the hospital that makes this whole thing worth coming back to. That's what BowhuntingOhio.com is about!!!

buckbuster217
03-19-2012, 03:42 PM
I still check in almost daily but do not post much anymore, it seemed for awhile that whatever you posted you had someone busting your chops for not thinking like they did, in the past we always worked things out peacefully but it got into a bashing event for awhile and I dont have time for that, I am like Chuck, once a friend , always a friend, I have met several of the members of this site and consider them friends and would share a woods with them any day of the week, but there was some newer names or members if you please that seemed like their total reason to be on the site was to stir the pot! I don't need to sit on here and argue with someone that don't know whether their ass is bored or punched, and that is what it was turning into, I will never "leave" Bowhunting Ohio but I wont argue with someone like children either, I feel this is why alot of the "regular" members arent posting much these days.

ranger175a
03-19-2012, 04:26 PM
I check in about everyday for years now, just don't post much. I haven't even been shed hunting this year Big Holla been too warm to hike! Fishing nearly everyday though.

Griz
03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
I've only been a member since Jan. An yah! I'm one of those new out of state guys. Its been nothing but good fun for me. I have notice those other guys who regularly post have not lately. I haven't Posted in over a week. I've been busy on a scouting trip to Wayne National Forest and surounding area. Just returned last night. Hang in there A-truehunter things will pick-up. When I have time, I will comment on my trip. Maybe you'll be interested. I really just want to say THIS IS A GREAT SITE !!

rednecklb69
03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
I have been a member for close to 7 years and it always goes quiet until turkey and then again till about a 2 months before bow starts. Seems about normal to me.

Bambislastbreath
03-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Yeah it is that time of year where things do slow down a bit. I guess I get a bit nostalgic when I think back to years past this forum would be lit up with shed finds, plenty of discussions of last seasons results, plans for spring, trail cam pics...trail cam pics....trail cam pics, etc.. I'll name names of the people I miss seeing on here....first and foremost Split_G2. The dude knows his shit when it comes to deer and figuring them out. I couldn't wait to see the trail cam pics he constantly would have and the discussions...not only were they over the top with information they were always a riot to be part of. Blackbeard....wow what a wealth of knowledge and this guy has the deer on his wall to show for it. I know he often tries to get topics started but seems the participation of the forum usually let him down, at times me included. Here are a few more that I know stop by now and then but it's just not like it used to be: Kinzy, Superbuckeye, Stickarcher, MikeF, Redneckross, Deerhunter, BWTR737, the site owners and many many more. Guess I'm going through that "I ain't got shit to do because I'm sitting at home with a neck brace on so I might as well get teary eyed" but I sure do miss the interaction....the way things once were.

;( i cant believe you left me off the list ..lol i know what you are saying it just aint the same as its used to be i still check often, but just dont post much........... i guess im just getting old or someting

Big_Holla
03-30-2012, 11:38 AM
;( i cant believe you left me off the list ..lol i know what you are saying it just aint the same as its used to be i still check often, but just dont post much........... i guess im just getting old or someting

I actually thought about you as well Will!! With you coming back this past season and falling right back into where you left off I should have used you as the example of members who come back to try to find what it once was. I do think you are right as well as some of the others. We are all getting older and I guess at times realize that time is precious.

radicalxl
03-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I still check in almost daily but do not post much anymore, it seemed for awhile that whatever you posted you had someone busting your chops for not thinking like they did, in the past we always worked things out peacefully but it got into a bashing event for awhile and I dont have time for that, I am like Chuck, once a friend , always a friend, I have met several of the members of this site and consider them friends and would share a woods with them any day of the week, but there was some newer names or members if you please that seemed like their total reason to be on the site was to stir the pot! I don't need to sit on here and argue with someone that don't know whether their ass is bored or punched, and that is what it was turning into, I will never "leave" Bowhunting Ohio but I wont argue with someone like children either, I feel this is why alot of the "regular" members arent posting much these days.
You sir have hit the nail right square on the head! I have been waiting to see a post like this, because I knew it was coming. I was active on this sight all year round for years. It most definetly has nothing to do with the time of the year for me. I enjoy the heated debates on hunting topics all year, this is how you learn, but I will not have my character attacked. I will not argue with someone who does not read/understand what has been posted and assumes what they will for the sake of arguement. As you can see, I still check in on occasion, but this is my first time in a long while that I have logged in and most likely will be my last, we'll see. At 57 years old I have no desire to act like a grade school kid.
As the man who started this thread said, "radicalxl and his common sense" I thank you, and I must say it doesn't take much of it to see what has been going on. The last time I thanked someone on here and stated my igorance on a subject, it was misunderstood and it turned around and bit me in the ass. Please understand that the thank you is sincere. To all the guys that have been down sick and hurt, I hope for you all speedy recoveries. Because of my absence, I didn't realize what was going on. for that I apologize.

Big_Holla
03-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Glad to see you back on, if even for a brief moment, Radicalxl!! I sure wish we could fix this cart that has seemed to lose it's wheel. For those that are out there that have been in Radicalxl's and Buckbuster217 shoes (including you two!!) please take the time to PM me and let me know what really has been keeping you away. I sure haven't been able to put in the time this last year to know what fights are going on and if I ever have given anyone the impression that I don't care or perhaps didn't take enough time to understand what was really wrong/going on please let me know as well.

hortontoter
04-03-2012, 07:54 AM
There are many reasons that traffic on the site will ebb and flow. I know that my usage depends on many things, but the biggest factor for me is time restraints. Sometimes I am just so busy doing other things that I don't have the time to post. I may still take a quick glance at the site and move on to more pressing agendas.

A lot of my time this spring has been split between spring clean up chores at my cabin site and burning a lot of boot leather plotting coon dens on my GPS for next coon season. I bought a new electronic call in January and plan to do a lot of coon calling next winter.

When it comes to opinions on subjects I am very opinionated and believe it stating what I feel. I'm very old school and have drawn many lines in the sand. Sometimes I come across in ways that some people take offense to. But, just because myself and another individual don't agree doesn't mean that we shouldn't be able to communicate our thoughts and move forward from there. I think discussions, even outright arguments, can be a learning experience.

I'm not a big fan of PM, even though at times it has its place. If somthing someone says eats at my core I will usually respond on the forum. Maybe not the best decision, but that is just my style.

I think the forum will be just fine in time. And I think what goes on here has no reflection on what BH does or does not do. Yeah, I miss many of the old regular posters too. But, I feel like they are my friends and hopefully we will cross paths again in the future.

All I have time to type this morning. Work detail in the hills of Carroll County is calling.

Griz
04-03-2012, 08:33 AM
[Quote:When it comes to opinions on subjects I am very opinionated and believe it stating what I feel. I'm very old school and have drawn many lines in the sand. Sometimes I come across in ways that some people take offense to. But, just because myself and another individual don't agree doesn't mean that we shouldn't be able to communicate our thoughts and move forward from there. I think discussions, even outright arguments, can be a learning experience.

I'm not a big fan of PM, even though at times it has its place. If somthing someone says eats at my core I will usually respond on the forum. Maybe not the best decision, but that is just my style].

Well said. I feel and live my life the same way. Maybe that comes with age. I will also add that if I have hurt anyone's feelings, rubbed you the wrong way, Just say so. If an apology is in order I will give it, not on a PM but right on site. We all are on this site because of many things in common ( bow hunting, whitetails, the outdoors, ect,ect) But theres no way we are going to agree on everything.

Seeker Bp
04-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Well, I know for a fact I aint leaving....Like it here!! Most will come and go, but I believe once things get back to hunting you will see the ones your looking for.. Cant say I have had anyone on here make me mad.... but was suprised by a few who took some things way to serious, but I would guess that if they didnt like it, there were many other sites to cruise and make there home. Dont ever be afraid to ask a question on here, but always be open to the answers your going to get.... Turkeys are scouted, looking to smoke my first Gobbler with the Mathews......Shed hunting has been slow.....and no Mushrooms to date... Shout out to Big Holla, I sure hope your healing process is flying along....Really hope that you can make the summer Camp. Seeker BP

offtheground
04-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Well its like this, I changed jobs and have not had the free time like in the past to even think about getting on. It is nice that you considered me one of the regulars. I love this site for shairing information, have to agree with some that it helps if we all read as much as we can and then have field exsperance with stuff and do search for same topic before some post are put on here.
It is the low time of season for me thus low post. Did get PM on a goats foot for old school crossbow that I posted way back. Been looking for this item for sometime to finish a project and now have complete!
Don't plan on going to other sites, will shair what little I know about whitetail and learn from you all in the future.