PDA

View Full Version : Hurt my back

Big_Holla
03-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Sorry I have done a disappearing act on everyone here. A few weeks ago I hurt my back and last weekend it got real bad. Been in and out of the doctors and missing work, into my second week now with such a bad shooting pain out my right arm and numb fingers in my right hand I can't stand. I go this Thursday for an MRI to see if it's bad enough to do surgery or not.

MQ1
03-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear about that . I hope you get it took care of soon ..and are feeling better.

Seeker Bp
03-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Damn Big, hate to hear that. Nothing worse than a bad back that keeps a good man down. That makes it rough all the way around, especially as active as you and your family are. Take care of yourself, and I really hope its just a basic pinched nerve that needs to work itself out. Good luck to you sir. Seeker

mrbb
03-06-2012, 06:40 PM
well being a fellow with a long history of back problems
I feel for you

hope its something simple they can get corrected with a little therapy and some rest

back problems suck the fun right of too many things

hope you heal fast there

Griz
03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
I wish you well Big. Get a second opinion before any surgery. I've been down with a bad back before and it all turned out well. Hope the same for you.

Big_Holla
03-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Well it's official, I have two herniated/ruptured discs at the base of my neck. Go in for surgery on Thursday and boy am I counting the days!!! The pain in my back and out my right arm gets to be so unbearable I just can't stand it any more. The meds help but boy can I tell when they are wearing off. My only real worry out of the whole deal will be how this will affect me shooting my bow in the future. Well, that and being able to throw the ball to both of my kids again.

mrbb
03-14-2012, 01:16 AM
well sorry to hear the news
But will be rooting for you on a full recovery

good luck

and always a crossbow LOl

thats what I use now a days!! not the same but just fine!!

hope again all works out for you!

Seeker Bp
03-14-2012, 05:59 AM
wish you a speedy recovery Big...Think positive!!

Griz
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM
I agree, think positive. Our prayers are with you. Keep us informed.

Big_Holla
03-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Back home today. Boy that's one ride I would not recommend.....Disney has much better one's! Basically they fused a couple of my vertebrae together with some cadaver bones and a few plates and screws. Time to heal!! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!!

Mike F
03-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Glad to hear your back home, and things went well.

A-Truehunter
03-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Sorry to here about your back problems, I'm in the same boat guy though mine was a little more complicated. I was climbing up one of my stands last October and got a little light headed, thought it was just an old man trying to move a little to quickly up the tree. Turns out I was having a heart attack and fell about 20ft to the ground. As if that wasn't bad enough, I fractured 3 verts in my back and neck, broke my left shoulder and my right elbow. Getting old is hell and I'm still healing. Looks like my recurve days are done and mostlikely my hunting days also, since I don't think much of using a compound nor a crossbow. Besides at this point I'm not sure I'd be able to use any of those even if I wanted to make the switch!!! Hope all goes well for you, you seem like your young enough to bounce back from this, so for you it's just a matter of time and healing. If it wasn't for the rare time that I decided to hunt with someone (my grandson) I would of never made it out of the woods.

Griz
03-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Back home today. Boy that's one ride I would not recommend.....Disney has much better one's! Basically they fused a couple of my vertebrae together with some cadaver bones and a few plates and screws. Time to heal!! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!!

Just read your post. I've been away from my computer for a few days. Good to see your home and recovering. You still have lots of time before the bow season opens.

mrbb
03-19-2012, 10:22 PM
well glad it all went smoothly
now I hope you heal back 110% and be a new hunting machine come fall!

twireman
03-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Here's to a speedy recovery Chuck!..get well man!