PDA

View Full Version : Public land to turkey hunt.

b.ries
02-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Im trying to find some public land to turkey hunt, around the butler county area.

Seeker Bp
02-18-2012, 07:10 PM
If you take the time to go to the ODNR site b.ries, you can get a list of state parks and wildlife areas in that vicinity. A little research should put you looking at a couple differant spots. I hunt a large number of areas on public not to far from Butler, and also some private. We spent a couple days scouting turkey spots for spring hunts. We seen plenty of Gobblers on public, and very little on private. There are a lot of acres you can use around there if you look for them. I am sure your going to have to research, because not many are going to give up there favorite spots. Your looking in the right area though, good luck too you this spring. Seeker BP

Pep4
04-18-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure about the butler county area for public land but i've had good luck in SE Ohio on the public land there for spring gobblers...as seeker bp mentioned, get on the web and find some public land with access and you should be able to find birds and have a good hunt...shoot straight!

blackbeard
04-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Finding gobblers on public land in OH shouldn't be a problem, but killing them and avoiding other hunters will be more challenging. Good luck.