PDA

View Full Version : How God has blessed me and my buddy these past few years with awesome hunts!

lsheets22
12-14-2011, 05:21 PM
This year was the year that I decided i was going to really hunt a lot during bow season and devote my time and put it in the stand. Well it really opened my eyes about the wilderness out there and how awesome God is and created this world how beautiful the world is and how much he has blessed us in several ways. This year I made it a goal to myself to help with my spiritual life to pray every time when I first get in the stand. On the night of November 23 I just had a diffrent feeling about this hunt. Right after I said my prayer I saw a small 5 pointer down the hill from me I got to watch him for over 2 hours which was sweet! After that it got calm! I love the last hour of hunting how quiet it is! Well it was then when this big boy came by my stand stood 15 yrds from me! I shot him I had no time to react because he came in so fast but man what a thrill! I challenge each and everyone who reads this post to say a prayer before you get in your stand or even when you are in your stand! It has been a great year of hunting for me and my buddy we strive every year to get bigger deer my buddy has killed a 13 pointer that scored 169 3/8 two years ago. But this was my biggest deer yet and very proud of him. May God bless you and good hunting hope to kill a doe here in the next few weeks to donate one. All of our hunting takes place in Hocking Co Ohio by the way.

mrbb
12-14-2011, 07:29 PM
great deer, and good luck to you next yr
I tried the praying, never did me any big bucks , well yet

but hey if it works for you's more power to you's

lsheets22
12-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Hey thanks good hunting to u to! Just have some faith thats all It works for everyone I think anyway good hunting to u!

kparrott
12-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Congrats on your season, it looks like its been a good one!

Its also nice to see someone getting it done close to home, I'm from Lancaster as well.

lsheets22
12-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks! I do all my hunting in Hocking Co but I am getting a place to hunt next year in Fairfield Co. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Buckstrike138
12-15-2011, 09:20 AM
I do all my hunting in Hocking Co. as well. I am not a religious person but am very spiritual and the best thing about bowhunting to me is the way I feel in the stand. It is hard to descibe but I never got that feeling while gun hunting. I guess it is the calm and the different perspective I get up in the tree. Congrats to you guys on a great season, keep praying because it works for you.

lsheets22
12-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks good hunting to you to! I love the feeling of being in a tree and its so calm with a bow I am like you because I dont get that feeling during gun season at all.

Big_Holla
12-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Great post! Yes, we all can feel a whole lot closer to him when we are out there in what he created for us!! Just need to see a great sunrise, critters doing amazing things or the answer to our prayers to know he is out there for us!!

lsheets22
12-16-2011, 11:32 PM
For sure this year has really opened my eyes a ton! A lot we should be thankful for! Good luck hunting the rest of the year all of you God bless!

trophyhill
12-19-2011, 08:52 PM
great post and great deer!

ranger519
12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
The Lord did bless you guys with some fine bucks this year, for sure. He blessed me with a fine one as well, an Ohio 8pt that was 156 & 2/8. Wish I knew how to put a picture on here but I'm lucky to be able to type this as computer iliterate as I am . Congradulations though and keep the prayers up because they definately do work, no doubt about it !

lsheets22
12-20-2011, 09:16 AM
For sure good hunting to u! Good luck on the rest of the year.

buckscout
12-20-2011, 09:54 AM
its nice to see you hunting and using it as a medium to be closer to god...i wish more people were like that....I never feel closer to the lord than when I am out in the woods hunting....almost like thats what he put me here to do....I like to donate meat to our local shelter...you would be surprised at how many people truly have asked for venison....I truly cannot supply them all....also, you would be shocked at how many people at my church that I have converted into hunters...

lsheets22
09-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Sorry i am just now replying to this just now saw it! That is great i try to kill a doe or two every year to take it to the less fortunate its awesome to see the smile on there face.

teej89
09-04-2012, 08:33 PM
I am not extremely religious, go to church as much as I can but last year had a run in with an 11pt in archery, I changed stands and unfortunately I watched him chase a doe under my old tree. However in rifle season I got set up, sitting at the base of a huge oak and it was 45 min before day light and (this is a bit of spiritual/relgious/luck) saw a shooting star after that I closed my eyes and said a little prayer and wishing I saw a big buck that day. at 9:30 that day had a nice 9 pt walk past me at 5 yards, unfortunately he wasn't a shooter with a gun but I believe it works.

Bushman
09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Lsheets have u seen any big ones around this year?

lsheets22
09-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I am not extremely religious, go to church as much as I can but last year had a run in with an 11pt in archery, I changed stands and unfortunately I watched him chase a doe under my old tree. However in rifle season I got set up, sitting at the base of a huge oak and it was 45 min before day light and (this is a bit of spiritual/relgious/luck) saw a shooting star after that I closed my eyes and said a little prayer and wishing I saw a big buck that day. at 9:30 that day had a nice 9 pt walk past me at 5 yards, unfortunately he wasn't a shooter with a gun but I believe it works.

Def does! Good luck this year and letem fly!

lsheets22
09-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Got this one on camera this year! Got two other ones to but this is the biggest so far.

lsheets22
09-05-2012, 11:45 AM

I should say my buddy has this on camera not me lol

tilelayer1
09-05-2012, 09:57 PM
At my age (64) I thank the lord every year he allows me to
be healthy and still able to hunt cuz ya never know what year will be your last.Good luck to all of u and may your prayers come true!

lsheets22
09-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Good luck to u to! Thats great stay healthy and go hunting letem fly!