PDA

View Full Version : Scentlok or Scent blocker?

blueflu42
10-01-2011, 11:36 PM
I've looked at both brands and I can't make my mind up on which to purchase. I've notice that Scentlok is a bit more expensive than Scent blocker.

Anybody own these brands? Can you tell me how they work for you and if you like them or not.

Anybody know of a cheaper brand that accomplishes the same task?

Thanks!

BowGuy2
10-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I have both sent blocker and sent lok sentblocler 3d camo for early season and sent lok is like medium gear for me both work great and very quiet if I had to pick one it would be sent lok it's great stuff and more comfy I hope this helps u out . Both are great products

Bambislastbreath
10-02-2011, 08:18 AM
I use scent-lok..... great product, never used scent blocker, i would imagine it is pretty much the same thing... walmart has a brand called x-scent it is alot cheaper but i believe you get what u pay for so i would avoid that if it was me.

SSpengSS
10-02-2011, 08:25 AM
I own all scentblocker and it fits me great. There are adjustments on the fit for most of their suits. Im 6' & 210lbs. I wear sz lg pants and xl jacket for reference.

My buddy has all scentlok and he loves that too.

You cant go wrong with either in my opinion.

blueflu42
10-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I'm gonna have to get off my wallet and just buy it. Kinda hard to justify spending close to 400 bucks on an outfit to my girlfriend. Especially when I get on her about the clothes she buys and the money she spends. Thanks again.

MICH
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
try this, just get base layers, goes under your clothes,i'm just using that this year......get scentlok head cover & gloves....wash your normal hunting clothes in unscented soap & just use b. layers.... a lot cheap, $100 or less...just an idea

lexfd
10-02-2011, 09:39 PM
I have both. The blocker suit I have would be great for colder weather..it has a thick black liner in it and a rain barrier liner. No wind will get ya cold for most part. The loc suit is lighter with Gor Tex. Just have more base layers under it and u will stay warm. Use dead down wind on both suits and have yet to be winded!!
FYI don't know how I haven't been winded..I got video of a good 8 pt eating under my feet and does 5 yrds from me in the tree. Hope my luck will hold out for my big ones!!

Greybeard11
10-02-2011, 09:56 PM
I have lightweight Scent-Lok coveralls and a fleece jacket and pants in Scent Blocker. I like them both. I don't think there's enough of a difference in performance to choose one over the other. Buy the one you like and can get the best price on. Good luck.

switchXTindiana
10-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I have one of the first versions of the dream season scent blocker suit. I like it, but it's fleece and picks up every damn burr in the woods.

4arms
10-03-2011, 12:20 PM
I also had a dream season scentblock suit. It the material was schreaded by the end of the season for me. Way too cheap of material for the money spent on it. I tend find myself in some nasty stuff from time to time. I've since switched to scentlok and the material holds up much better. Right now I've the full season suit but may add the timber fleece as well for cold weather. Yes they both attract burrs, the scent-lok is way more comfortable to wear.

blueflu42
10-03-2011, 01:29 PM
try this, just get base layers, goes under your clothes,i'm just using that this year......get scentlok head cover & gloves....wash your normal hunting clothes in unscented soap & just use b. layers.... a lot cheap, $100 or less...just an idea

Good advice. Thanks.

countryhunter50
10-03-2011, 07:13 PM
i just use the base layers and seem to have the same results..but its like anything else if you dont use good scent eliminating methods it doesnt matter what you have...a guy at work has the full season outfit and he changes into it at work and drives to his spot with it all on...thats just money wasted

blackbeard
10-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I've been wearing ScentLok for 7-8 years, love their clothes. I'd say one is really not better than the other. I find ScentLok clothing to be very well made, durable, quiet, functional, and great camo. I have always owned their coveralls, I have three pairs, a heavy pair, medium pair, and light pair. The coveralls are just so easy to use, quick to put on, and comfortable. Wash them sparingly, keep them in scent free bags, and don't wear them in your vehicle. Good luck.

Whitetail nut
10-04-2011, 11:51 AM
So if you were buying would it be more cost effective to buy base layers and the wear a thinner scent blocking material for an outer shell?

tangyhunter
10-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I wear the scentlok base layers along with the "all season" serious. I've found that with the all season serious u can layer up more fir colder days and then lighten up for early in the season. I had 2 bucks directly down wind from me this Saturday night and both never winded me once. Both were within 15 yards! I've used used scentlok products since 2000 and they have earned my trust and will continue to get my business. In 2005 I started hunting from tree stands and before that I always hunted from the ground with scentlok and was able to take multiple deer with that combo. I love the stuff and won't bow hunt without it.

nomad_archer
10-05-2011, 09:15 AM
I also had a dream season scentblock suit. It the material was schreaded by the end of the season for me. Way too cheap of material for the money spent on it.

I had the same experience with the dream season suit. Mine is sewn together is so many different places its not funny anymore and I like the thick nasty stuff but say away from it as much as possible with this suit. It really hasnt held up very well at all which sucks at least I got it on sale for $200 but for that price it should still last more the 3 years.

rednekhipi
10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
both are overpriced and i think "scent control clothing" is a marketing scam. a deers sense of smell is so strong that no matter what type of clothing you buy, they are gonna know your there. if you spend enough time in the woods, deer will eventually get used to your natural odor. if you cant spend much in the woods...cut up some old stinky, sweaty clothes and spread them all over the woods months before the season starts. they will get acclimated to the smell and it wont alert them of danger. just one of my rednekhipi tricks that works like a charm. if you play the wind right, the whole scent issue goes out the window anyway.

Whitetail nut
10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I wear the scentlok base layers along with the "all season" serious. I've found that with the all season serious u can layer up more fir colder days and then lighten up for early in the season. I had 2 bucks directly down wind from me this Saturday night and both never winded me once. Both were within 15 yards! I've used used scentlok products since 2000 and they have earned my trust and will continue to get my business. In 2005 I started hunting from tree stands and before that I always hunted from the ground with scentlok and was able to take multiple deer with that combo. I love the stuff and won't bow hunt without it.

Now thats a ringing endorsement!!!!!

CalebMcanelly
08-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Ever heard a device called GPS tracking system and are you afraid of being tracked by it? If you want to prevent this thing happen on you, then you it is an ideal choice to come nd start your first step with the gps blocker (http://www.jammerall.com/categories/GPS-Jammers/), then the problem can be easily solved and you can live relaxed.

db4
08-07-2013, 09:40 PM
I use the rocky with the scent IQ. the rocky mobility is silient and is waterproof. I love it and it fits me perfectly. Its done me good

nomad_archer
08-08-2013, 10:05 AM
I also had a dream season scentblock suit. It the material was schreaded by the end of the season for me. Way too cheap of material for the money spent on it.

My experience was about the same which is pretty terrible. I only spent about $180 on the suit but I was still unhappy with the results. I still have it and wear it but only because my wife is really good a using the sewing machine and has fixed 3 pockets and one zipper and a hole or two. The kicker is that I try to stay out of the nasty jaggers ect when I am wearing that suit.

nomad_archer
08-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Wow this thread has been resurrected from the dead after almost 2 years. And I replied twice two years apart with the same answer. Doh

buckstalker17
08-08-2013, 11:45 AM
I will never buy another scent locker out fit those thing are made of trash bags you pay 300 for a suit and it looks like garbage within a few months of hunting. Zippers torn, holes everywhere just poorly made but hey they got my money suppose that's all that matters to them in my opinion. Next time I want to get that aggravated ill just drag my underwear through some poison ivy at least it didn't cost me 300 lol

mrbb
08-08-2013, 12:53 PM
well I have some scent Loc stuff that is about 8-9 yrs old, and still in great shape
I think a lot has to do witrh how you store and care for it, like most things
But to be honest, again, I am not a big fan of it, I tried it when it first came out, and then later on when I seen some things I liked, designs, not so much due to the carbon liner, just handy archery friendly jackets I liked , just happen to have carbon liners
I personally feel the SMALL amount of scent they can absorb is , not enough to say its a deal maker or breaker
but some folks seem to be over kill on scent worries!
so if it add some peace of mind to there game plan, , well good for them!
early season would be the only time I MIGHT wear what I have
I feel the stuf I tried was not so gfreat at keeping me warm in cold temps, and much bulkier than other better cold weather gear I have!