PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt Fish Journal - Ohio Based On-Line Podcast

Big_Holla
09-22-2011, 10:37 AM
The Hunt Fish Journal
A podcast about hunting and fishing in Ohio Hosted by Dan Stapleton and Greg Barnhart

Guys and gals I stumbled on to this podcast a little while back while searching I-Tunes for hunting podcasts to listen to at work. For those of you in Ohio, this is a must-listen-to!! By going back through some of the old podcasts, they talk a lot about hunting in general but most importantly, they talk about hunting in Ohio.

You can find them on I-Tunes by doing a search for Hunt Fish Journal

-OR-

You can go to:

http://gbcraftsman.libsyn.com/

The latest episode:

HFJ 16 Greg and Dad talk to Wildlife Biologist Bill Peneston on late summer food plots and deer growth.
-Bill is a wildlife biologist who worked at Hocking College for several years before working with Heartland Wildlife Institute out of Upper Sandusly, OH. Bill is also the Vice President of the Buckeye Big Buck Club.

https://heartlandwildlifeinstitute.net/

Be sure to check out these older podcasts as well. The information in them will keep you coming back to listen again as a lot of what they talk about will pertain to this season as well:

HFJ 12 Rut chase stage and why you want to hunt this stage of the Rut!

HFJ 11 Calculating the Big Bucks Pre Rut Method with Jerry Everheart

HFJ 10 Dan & Greg Celebrate 1 year, Interview Mrs, Doe Pee's Buck Lures

Let me know what you think!!

offtheground
09-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Thanks Big_Holla
I listened to 3 hours worth tonight. Great stuff It's now saved in my favorites

Big_Holla
04-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Figured I'd bring this one back up to the top. This has been an outstanding podcast for me this past year. They have several shows I keep going back to listen to regarding the rut, mock scrapes, etc..

This last podcast was a good trip down memory lane as they had of all people Jimmy Houston on. For me he was one of the pioneers of fishing TV and even the outdoors in general. Just was a good listen to pass the time today.