PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent

140class
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Where have we seen this before??????? That's what Ted thought hunting in Calif. Heard this on the radio not many details othe rthan Ted was in Calif. hunting promoting his sponsers Com-mere deer> showing how he used it on his hunt. Calif DNR got hold of this prsented Ted with a TICKET for $1700 or so for baiting in Calif. which is ILLEAGAL

Curran
08-18-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm looking for the longer article that I read out there, but if my memory serves me right, I think that he was using C'Mere deer.....

Here's a short write up....

MARYSVILLE (AP) — Ted Nugent says he should have been better informed about California game laws after pleading no contest to misdemeanor charges of deer-baiting.

Nugent, who lives near Waco, Texas, said on his website Wednesday that he takes full responsibility for the hunting incident televised on a February episode of his Outdoor Channel hunting show.

California game wardens watching the show saw Nugent kill an immature buck during the hunt in Northern California. Investigators found that the deer had been eating bait before being killed.

Baiting wildlife is illegal in California.

Nugent pleaded no contest last week to baiting the deer and not having a properly signed hunting tag. A Yuba County Superior Court judge ordered Nugent to pay a $1,750 fine.

Curran
08-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Found it.....

Rock star Nugent fined for baiting deer on TV show
Comments 121
August 13, 2010 11:19:00 PM
By Rob Young/Appeal-Democrat

Rock star and gun rights advocate Ted Nugent was fined $1,750 Friday in Yuba County Superior Court after pleading no contest to a charge of baiting deer on his hunting show "Spirit of the Wild."

Yuba City attorney Jack Kopp, representing Theodore Anthony Nugent, entered the plea to Department of Fish and Game charges of baiting deer and not having a deer tag "countersigned" at the closest possible location, said Deputy District Attorney John Vacek.

Nugent, who did not appear in court, also illegally shot an immature buck on the show but was not charged, according to Fish and Game.

Baiting deer is legal in some states but not in California, said department spokesman Patrick Foy. Baiting supplies are sold at some outdoor stores, he said.

The deer was killed in El Dorado County toward the end of deer hunting season last fall but brought to Yuba County. Two co-defendants, Mitchell Neil Moore and Ross Albert Patterson, live in Yuba County, said Vacek.

Moore was a photographer on the Outdoor Channel show. Patterson, who pleaded no contest to taking an animal with bait, actively spread bait called "C'mere Deer." His family owns the El Dorado County property where the hunt took place, said Foy.

Two deer were killed after being baited, said Vacek.

Moore and Patterson also were represented by Kopp and did not appear in court. Moore, who pleaded no contest to possessing an animal illegally, was fined $700. Patterson was fined $1,225.

Judge James F. Dawson ordered all three men to pay the fines by Oct. 1.

Nugent was originally facing a charge of killing a "spike" — an immature buck — on the program, but the charge was dropped during negotiations between his attorney and the Yuba County District Attorney's Office, said Foy.

A spike is a deer with two antlers that have not yet "forked," Foy said.

A Fish and Game warden saw the show in March and "just about fell out of his chair" when he saw Nugent with the buck, according to Foy.

A subsequent investigation led to the baiting charge. A search warrant was served in April at Moore's home in Yuba County, said Foy.

Nugent was "very cooperative" when contacted in March after the show aired, Foy said.

Fish and Game decided to treat Nugent as it would any other violator and so did not issue a press release when the charges were filed Aug. 6, Foy said.

Kopp declined comment as he left the courtroom.

A Nugent assistant at "Tedquarters" in Jackson, Mich., Linda Peterson, and his music management firm, McGhee Entertainment, had no comment.

Nugent is on a concert tour, including several stops in California, according to his website.

A Nugent biography on the website activemusician.com calls him "an outspoken advocate of hunting and gun ownership rights and the owner of 350 guns himself."

Nugent has served on the National Rifle Association's board of directors since 1995 and has had a long adversarial relationship with the animal rights movement, according to the biography.

140class
08-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks for more input on Ted. I knew somebody would come thru.But, you can't claim stupididy about the laws.You would think he would have found out about the baiting laws and maybe he might want to start shooting mature animals other than just killing stuff.

Curran
08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
I agree. I'm just disappointed in Ted, for somebody of his stature in the hunting industry, who is always on his soapbox, he should know better. Period.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but I do like what he does in the big picture. That's why I'm disappointed, because as a person in the spotlight, he has to be responsible, ethical, and make intelligent decisions. Everybody makes mistakes, and we're only hearing about an instance like this because it involves "Uncle Ted," but it all goes back to him knowing better, and not even putting himself in a situation like this. How many times has he done something similar, or possibly worse, and we never hear about it?

I hope he understands that he has put a black eye on the hunting community.

By the way, doesn't Jimmy Houston endorse C'mere deer too? I'm just sayin'......

Big_Holla
08-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Same here Curran! It's the big picture for what he does for all of us to maintain our rights in general! That's why it's so disappointing that he now has it on his record and will always be there to taint what he has to say regardless of how we all feel.

ohiowhitetails
08-19-2010, 06:18 PM
That is very disappointing. I had always thought, by watching him and reading articles, that he was on top of ALL laws. Especially game laws. Guess i was wrong....... We all make mistakes, just didnt see this one coming from the NUGE

Hwyman
08-25-2010, 02:08 PM
By the way, doesn't Jimmy Houston endorse C'mere deer too? I'm just sayin'......[/QUOTE]

Hank Parker and his sons are the celeb. endorsers for C'mere Deer. Maybe you were thinking of Hank.

Genesis 9:3
11-21-2011, 08:23 AM
He didn't do his homework and broke the law by baiting and shooting a spike... but I don't think he could have handled it better. Yea, he wasn't up to date on the game laws, but it's not like he used an explosive or poison arrow head! I don't think this "black eye" is going to take long to heal up... and anybody who wants to make a big stink of it really needs to examine themselves first.

Of course, I do understand that it's pointless to argue with "stupid." The animal rights terrorists would never consider examining themselves first...

shaggy
11-24-2011, 06:47 AM
Uncle ted for president. I love that guy.

happy thanksgiving.

Dontry
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Me too shaggy!

blackbeard
12-04-2011, 11:25 AM
He broke the law unknowingly, admitted to it, paid his fine, and that is it. Ted kills for food and for the thrill of hunting so I don't care if he shoots a 3 pt buck or a 30 thirty point buck. The country would be better if we had more Ted Nugent's and less liberals that's for darn sure.

ghunter
12-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm with you all the way Blackbeard.

ElevenPointer
12-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Blackbeard I totally agrree they are all tropheys tio me I'm just happy to be able to hunt and really enjoy myself out there in the woods

wilrose85
12-13-2012, 10:55 PM
I heard this story from my friend. Now i see it's real!